ABR festival 2019

I was and replied to your thread enquiring about availability but got no reply.
A very kind fellow Tosser seeing my post messaged me and has now supplied me with one in exchange for buying him a few drinks at the event so, result :beerjug:

No worries, it's how it works :thumb2

I was off-line yesterday evening...
During the day I'm mostly offline due to my job - I work in a NATO headquarter and we so f.... secret in there, so we can't have internet, mobiles, smartwatches etc, sooo.... :censor: :censor::censor:

During the day I'm mostly offline due to my job - I work in a NATO headquarter and we so f.... secret in there, so we can't have internet, mobiles, smartwatches etc, sooo.... :censor: :censor::censor:

Jeezus, don't let Warlord find out. :D

Hopefully you've de-badged all your riding kit. :augie

Just seen on FB

Patsy Quick and Desert Rose racing has had 5 bikes nicked overnight from the festival site - parked outside her truck whilst she & the team slept inside

Not good
I thought security would be tighter

Taking a bigger chain now

Just seen on FB

Patsy Quick and Desert Rose racing has had 5 bikes nicked overnight from the festival site - parked outside her truck whilst she & the team slept inside

Not good

Bloody Hell!!! That's not good, you don't go to a bike event and expect anything to get lifted... Poor show on the organisers side... Do they have ANY security there?

Organizing has been great
Low live thieving scum always find a way in. It's a English tradition.

Great event. The talks have been great, the atmosphere is relaxed, as always.
Plenty to keep you occupied on site.

Big bike events have not always been my cup of tea but this is well organised and set out.
For a Rally it's one of the best I've been to, only topped by the FIM Rally's.
I've done bike club rallys in the 70's and 80's to Rock and Blues and Mag Rallys.
I've even put Rallys/camping weekends on.
Each have there own unique features.

Motorcycling is a level playing field, Or it should be, doesn't matter what you ride, Just ride and try and take part.

Cheers Dave

Just seen on FB

Not good

Inside job? :nenau

Inside job? :nenau

Five bikes whilst asleep is'nt random; they've come mob handed for that; cnuts. There was once around 15 bikes stolen from outside a big hotel we used near Groningen one year; fortunatly mine was almost parked in the main lobby. Thieving fuckers treat it as just another job.

What a great, well organised event that was. Plenty to see and do, reasonably priced food and drink available, showers and toilets
kept immaculately clean and plenty of them so, no queue. The TRF rideouts were great with tasters of what to expect, the one
i took the Himalayan on was very good but a deeply rutted track was a bitch tbh but we all managed to get through :D
The four mile adventure trail around the park was a great chance to try the Himalayan out on some "proper" stuff with fast bits,
nadgery tight bits, steep (ish) downhills a "bomb hole" mud hole and climb pretty much everything you could want to have a decent play.
I did three consective laps of it and the Himmy handled the lot with aplomb, there was one off, where i got it wrong going over a log in
one of the "experts" sections resulting in my right hand coming off the bar with the obvious result. A bent gear lever was the only
issue which was sorted with a stout bit of stick and off we went. I managed most of the "experts" sections with the "bomb hole"
being the most fun where there was a steep drop in followed by a steep climb out exiting at the top with a bit of a leap, brilliant :).

The Himalayan was the star of the show tbh.with many many people stopping, at the bike looking, asking questions saying
how they fancy one. Himmys were everywhere; the RE stand test fleet of about 4 Himmys were worked to death and covered in
crap and were probably one of the most popular bikes for a test ride. They had both twins there too and they were usually out.

Many thank's to Sgt. Cupid (Rob) of this manor for the ticket and great company :thumb2

Great bands, great beer and great people. I highly recommend a visit next year.

Attachments

• 20190712_184228.jpg
    20190712_184228.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 20190713_072025.jpg
    20190713_072025.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 20190713_072103.jpg
    20190713_072103.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 20190713_101346.jpg
    20190713_101346.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 20190713_104958.jpg
    20190713_104958.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 228
Fab wasn't it

Really enjoyed it and loved the ride on the Tenere 700

Great festival and what biking is about - everyone was riding all day long having FUN

Got out on a Ducati for the first time too

Intoxicatingly good bike - pictured with the Italian tutor who was a former Rallye rider

664ffe132417fc7eeb24209d50cd1db6.jpg

Yeah, ace weekend. Very friendly atmosphere, met some great folks. Hope to go next year.
And it only took 24hrs for my ears to recover after meeting Uturntony for the first time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:D
Yeah, ace weekend. Very friendly atmosphere, met some great folks. Hope to go next year.
And it only took 24hrs for my ears to recover after meeting Uturntony for the first time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ooh the cheek of the man:D
I happen to have heaps of useful (and useless) information to impart :D

By the way, I'll pm you later ref. The hubb event.

Back
Top Bottom