ABR festival 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, test rode the Tenerere, did a few laps of the course on my AT and had a long chat with Patsy. The result being my lad is going to theirs for some bike lessons and I even got to ride an OSET.

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, test rode the Tenerere, did a few laps of the course on my AT and had a long chat with Patsy. The result being my lad is going to theirs for some bike lessons and I even got to ride an OSET.

Great to see you, albeit briefly

Was yours the At I helped pick up on the down slope?:rolleyes::blast

Me and a mate went good event camped on the top overflow field with about 500 others and 7 portaloos I can’t say they were spotless just the opposite, food wasn’t great 40min wait for a burger and 30yrd que for beer on the Friday night could be better organised however that said enjoyed the weekend great weather helped and great location Ragley hall. I thinks those camping on the bottom field would have had a better experience. Will be better prepared next time.

Also heard bikes were stolen from display stands Thursday night also a few complaints about not being able to book test rides and severity of the so called mild green lanes.

Likewise, it was a little confusing at first because I recognised you but couldn’t think where from?

Yep had that a few times over the weekend

Even when we went to the Arrow Mill pub on a night, plenty of friends to chat to everywhere

Me and a mate went good event camped on the top overflow field with about 500 others and 7 portaloos I can’t say they were spotless just the opposite, food wasn’t great 40min wait for a burger and 30yrd que for beer on the Friday night could be better organised however that said enjoyed the weekend great weather helped and great location Ragley hall. I thinks those camping on the bottom field would have had a better experience. Will be better prepared next time.

Also heard bikes were stolen from display stands Thursday night also a few complaints about not being able to book test rides and severity of the so called mild green lanes.

That doesn’t sound good.

That doesn’t sound good.

It was fine, in the executive end, in the 4 wheeler field :D - away from the rest of the show (looking across the lake to it

Masses of room, all manner of motorhomes/fancy trailers/race vans and normal vans/tents - toilets serviced every couple of hours at the most, which were immaculate and hot power showers, I think I queued 90 seconds for the shower

Show was really, really good and going to book for next year as soon as booking opens

Really relaxed, family atmosphere with everyone chatting and making friends, helped a lad in the next van who had a puncture and we got the wheel out and fixed, 1200 GS up in the air across the way, both wheels out and the lad was swapping tyres on the grass and everyone pitching with tools and compressors

Hare & Hounds course was best bit, you could go and 2-3 laps straight off and come back to chill out and then go again or go test a bike, then come back and razz your own again

Good pub and rooms, just opposite the Ragley Hall entrance, we ate their both nights and it was full of local clientele and they must have served 250-300 covers per night - food was superb, best I have had for a long time

Saturday lunch was taken at Ragley's tea rooms and it was delicious too, so no need to sample the 'street food' experience if you didn't fancy it - I did try the Mexican on Sunday and it was very, very good

Loads of room in 4 wheeler field, not cramped at all

4091e3ea11f92cf82aa15d0ba9241b79.jpg

Both bands were good, Friday night's was my favourite

dcfd842086c575cb6e7e68496efbb26d.jpg

29246252c2635c6ef2647a76ae352182.jpg

Not busy despite at least 2500 people there

60d4b02bd5667eca243ec5665578851a.jpg

9196da2d5cbe779df10eb9c48b6ad11d.jpg

Both Ducati and Yamaha brought loads of bikes from central Europe for people to ride and try - on road and offroad

2acccbd5433a4d46b6eaff3a91e3ac33.jpg

ae30364f1a98bcb5cb3263ed81c27655.jpg

KTM's offroad school with sub 600cc enduro bikes and bigger Twins to ride offroad too

a2e672e2d003fba2a6815dbee2830417.jpg

German plated T7's to try on the road and off road too

833ce2891e34989f1a578bf8eed5d7f5.jpg

Lunch on the terrace at Ragley Hall's tea rooms was delicious and with a stunning view

ee5b7b4d6959852ff05619ef98b1ed6b.jpg

4eb7c3950522ee65182dd05f738cb14e.jpg

4 wheel camping field, nice and civilised

79813baa64617b8adc899ffaff760f2e.jpg

Sunset on Saturday night

6e4d1d91fe75630820ac207cf11505f5.jpg

10 out 10 for the ABR Team Crew, from me......... who were funny,entertaining,chilled, informative and all round lovely people

Loads of UKGSER's there too :thumby:

Never been to anything like it, but best bike thing I have been to for ages....................an interactive show is far better than a static show like the NEC

I went up to the hall for one of the talks [even got a free book how goods that!] and was surprised to see bike headlights coming down in the woods to the right.It must have been one of the TRF rideouts on the way back.

I went up to the hall for one of the talks [even got a free book how goods that!] and was surprised to see bike headlights coming down in the woods to the right.It must have been one of the TRF rideouts on the way back.

Yep......... you could sit and watch the Hare & Hounds trail just below the tree line, bikes whizzing along in the distance - whilst drinking fine teas

I was in the lower field and could see my tent while sitting having a pint :) Yes it was excellent there and as i took and cooked my own food brewed my own coffee i didn't have any problems with queues for food.
To be fair the big queues for beer were mainly in "happy hour" 6 to 8 when the beer was only £2.50 a pint :beer: and even then it soon went while you were chatting and then cop for two pints so you don't need to go back for a while :thumb2

10 out 10 for the ABR Team Crew, from me......... who were funny,entertaining,chilled, informative and all round lovely people

Loads of UKGSER's there too :thumby:

Never been to anything like it, but best bike thing I have been to for ages....................an interactive show is far better than a static show like the NEC

Agreed JB a great event and i even bumped into you which didn't spoil my enjoyment one bit :D:beerjug:

If you enjoyed the ABR weekend and fancy similar then check out HUBB, Overland Event and the Touratech Travel Event
Not quite on the same scale but still similar friendly feel and in my experience a great way to spend a bike related weekend.
Touratech is usually 2nd weekend in May just south of Brecons; HUBB is mid June at Baskerville Hall near Clyro on Welsh border; Overland is coming up at end of August at Hill End Centre in Oxfordshire.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It was fine, in the executive end, in the 4 wheeler field :D - away from the rest of the show (looking across the lake to it

Nice one, JB. :thumb

So, don't camp, is the lesson here. At an Adventure Festival. :augie:D

Nice one, JB. :thumb

So, don't camp, is the lesson here. At an Adventure Festival. :augie:D

There were over 1000 bikes and tents, but plenty with Motorhomes/Race vans to camp in

Camping takes many forms, not that you ever partake either

Nice hotel there for you, you would approve

Back
Top Bottom