Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ABR festival 2019

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I imagine there are a fair few Midlanders, Welsh and Southern tyre kickers there too.

ABR festival 2019

I am going to see the Tenere 700, in the flesh

However I doubt you will get near getting a test ride on much as there will be loads of people wanting to ride the bikes

However I am mainly going to ride with the local TRF lads and see/ride the Cotswolds lanes and try my bike around the trail & Enduro courses (I am not taking a GS)

Going with an open mind which usually works best

It will be good to see the Inch Perfect lads too who are running the Trials course

Funny old world isn't it ..... only in the GS world do you get the snidey comments
    On the ABR forum, plus the Enduro & Trials ones you don't get any such goings on

Hey-Ho
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post

However I doubt you will get near getting a test ride on much as there will be loads of people wanting to ride the bikes

However I am mainly going to ride with the local TRF lads and see/ride the Cotswolds lanes and try my bike around the trail & Enduro courses (I am not taking a GS)

It will be good to see the Inch Perfect lads too who are running the Trials course

Funny old world isn't it ..... only in the GS world do you get the snidey comments
    On the ABR forum, plus the Enduro & Trials ones you don't get any such goings on

Hey-Ho
    see post 22...my thoughts and experience exactly. Having been on an ABR camp out in winter, the y are far more adventurised than the ukgser crowd....and far less bothered with matching hand guards..lol

It'll never catch on....

Hey-Ho
    Not sure what snide comments you are referring to? i was basing my comments on my own experience of last years event - It was shite...
    Emptiness is the starting point - In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend , drop all your preconceived fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is so useful? Because it is EMPTY.....

R1200 GSA LC / Urban G/S

ABR festival 2019

Quote Originally Posted by SE Rider View Post
    Not sure what snide comments you are referring to? i was basing my comments on my own experience of last years event - It was shite...
    Good I hope I enjoy it
    Only going to ride off-road on a dirt bike
    This year will be a totally different type of event ...New venue (which I went to last year for a Forestry show)

Sorry you didn't like it
    JohnnyBoxer

Hey-Ho
    That’ll be because, contrary to some opinions, this forum is very lightly moderated whereas the ABR one is far stricter. I was given a warning by pm from a moderator after asking why someone had been banned for what most would consider a very inconsequential comment.

It’s a shame they don’t worry about pm’s because I was subjected to a torrent of abuse for pointing out a few things that can cause problems on a certain bike when a guy asked for buying advice. I hadn’t realised he was asking because he was considering buying one of said motorcycles from another forum member

If anyone is looking for a ticket..
    https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...icket-for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by SmaRTrxxv View Post
    If anyone is looking for a ticket..
    https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...icket-for-sale
    I was and replied to your thread enquiring about availability but got no reply.
    A very kind fellow Tosser seeing my post messaged me and has now supplied me with one in exchange for buying him a few drinks at the event so, result

Quote Originally Posted by UturnTony View Post
    I was and replied to your thread enquiring about availability but got no reply.
    A very kind fellow Tosser seeing my post messaged me and has now supplied me with one in exchange for buying him a few drinks at the event so, result
    No worries, it's how it works

I was off-line yesterday evening...
    During the day I'm mostly offline due to my job - I work in a NATO headquarter and we so f.... secret in there, so we can't have internet, mobiles, smartwatches etc, sooo....

Hmmm, secret?

Quote Originally Posted by dean0n0 View Post
    Hmmm, secret?
    in Cheltenham...
    Edited because I cannot type

Quote Originally Posted by SmaRTrxxv View Post

During the day I'm mostly offline due to my job - I work in a NATO headquarter and we so f.... secret in there, so we can't have internet, mobiles, smartwatches etc, sooo....
    Jeezus, don't let Warlord find out.

Hopefully you've de-badged all your riding kit.
    Huic ipso mundo ego odi

He has trackers on his kit just in case
    Caution : May stop suddenly

Just seen on FB

Patsy Quick and Desert Rose racing has had 5 bikes nicked overnight from the festival site - parked outside her truck whilst she & the team slept inside

Not good
    I thought security would be tighter

Taking a bigger chain now
    JohnnyBoxer

Just seen on FB

Patsy Quick and Desert Rose racing has had 5 bikes nicked overnight from the festival site - parked outside her truck whilst she & the team slept inside

Not good
    I thought security would be tighter

Taking a bigger chain now

Bloody Hell!!! That's not good, you don't go to a bike event and expect anything to get lifted... Poor show on the organisers side... Do they have ANY security there?
    Emptiness is the starting point - In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend , drop all your preconceived fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is so useful? Because it is EMPTY.....

R1200 GSA LC / Urban G/S

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast