BC Route Plotting. How do I get on a ferry (like over estuary) then continue route?

Bonzo

Reaction score
..without Basecamp trying to send me miles down the road, over a bridge, then miles back up to the other side of the ferry port?

:nenau

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z8hnWJXJEoQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Start by checking your settings.

Fastest route may still be avoiding the ferry.

The ferry may be seen as a toll road. If you have set the device to avoid toll roads, it may well swerve the ferry.

Is the software seeing it as a route (ferry) that has seasonal closures? Once again, check your settings. In short, turn all your preference settings off. Any good?

It might be as simple as the ferry is seen (by BaseCamp) as unroutable. Restart your route on the other shore. Simple but effective.

Still no good? Try creating the route in MyRouteApp or using Open Street Maps, who might see the ferry as routable.

I'll try fettling the settings. As you say, starting a new route isnt the end of the world, I was really just trying to keep it all in a 'one route each day' jobbie.

Thanks very much :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom