Addresspal vs Parcel Motel

B Murr

Reaction score
How do ye rate them. I've used both for a few years. Parcel Motel is NI address which is not always available without extra charges when buying from day etc. Parcel Motel do keep you posted on parcels arrival in their depot. My most differentiating experience between tbe two is what happens with a parcel that's not been addressed correctly to include your full name and account number. Parcel Motel will hold on to it, Addresspal as far as I can tell ship it out to whoever says they are missing a parcel vaguely matching descriptionn of your parcel. . I recently had a case of parcel having to be retrieved from one of their other customers who transpired to be a thieving git who kept some of tbe contents of the package. After a long game of ping pong addresspal said not their fault as address label was missing information about my account, never mind fact that the other customers details were not on my parcel. :mad: The other thing is that when things go wrong with addresspal you have to chase two entities, both addresspal in UK depot and a post, an Post seem to be the commissioners of the Addresspal service and you have to involve them to wake up the Addresspal crowd when they become unresponsive.

So, for me it's Parcel Motel from now on unless a Northern Ireland address doesn't work fir the sender.

Ive used both. Parcel Motel works as long as the parcel fits in the hotel. They charge extra if it dosent. JJH

Simple solution.........give the thieving scrote a bloody good hiding.

Sent from a U11

I've used both. I prefer parcel Motel as the only time I can be sure of getting to a post office during opening hours is Thursday. parcel Motel pick up anytime. Price wise I never saw much of a difference.

Ive used both. Parcel Motel works as long as the parcel fits in the hotel. They charge extra if it dosent. JJH

Are you sure?
I've picked oversize stuff up from their depot. I don't think I paid extra.
Mind you, the depot is in Cork, so it was handy. If you weren't near a depot,. it might be a different story. :nenau

I’ve been charged €7.50 for the privilege of picking up my stuff in Finglas. I rang to complain and was given a €4 refund. Second time I got no refund. I reckon I should get a discount for picking it up myself. Anyway with brexit it might not be such of an advantage to shop in the U.K. any more as we will be subject to taxes tariffs and vat. JJH

Parcel Wizard by DPD :thumb

Post to the NI hub is the same cost for sellers as UK cost. And then it's 3.85 to get it delivered to my office (cos I can't trust herself to be home when the van calls !) For that sort of money why would I want the hassle of having to pick it up from a Motel or Post Office :rob

Parcel Wizard by DPD :thumb

Post to the NI hub is the same cost for sellers as UK cost. And then it's 3.85 to get it delivered to my office (cos I can't trust herself to be home when the van calls !) For that sort of money why would I want the hassle of having to pick it up from a Motel or Post Office :rob

That’s a good deal. JJH

For me Parcel Motel. For small items only though. If it is too big for the big motel space, it ends up being costly.

Instead of drinking all our tea and eating us out of house and home.......

Quite :blush But isn't it worth it for a chance to partake of my sparkling personality & witty repartee :rob

While you offer a fast, efficient & cost effective service, sometimes even with a smile :rolleyes:, it often suits me better to sit on me ar$e and wait for the item to come to me ;)

I use DPD Parcel Wizard all the time now,they deliver to work or home if you want,got single tyres delivered loads of times for no extra charge,Parcel Motel crucified me a few times for oversize items so never again,DPD never charged extra for oversized items,prob with Addresspal is the big long AP number,ebay sellers etc wont put it on the package and then the problems start,then you have 2 get parking near the post office.......

I use DPD Parcel Wizard all the time now,they deliver to work or home if you want,got single tyres delivered loads of times for no extra charge,Parcel Motel crucified me a few times for oversize items so never again,DPD never charged extra for oversized items,prob with Addresspal is the big long AP number,ebay sellers etc wont put it on the package and then the problems start,then you have 2 get parking near the post office.......

I’ve had that with the address pall. But they did ring me. It’s a bit slower too. JJH

I’ve had that with the address pall. But they did ring me. It’s a bit slower too. JJH

I bought an expensive phone for my daughter and the seller never put the AP number on the package,had a lot of probs trying 2 sort it out and lost a lot of sweat but got it in the end...never a prob with Parcel Wizard

Nah, around here we don't care. :chuck

twas good to meet you today Aidan...put a face 2 the name..its a small world...the next time you get punctured in Westport ya no who 2 call..
John

Back
Top Bottom