Cardo Vs Sena, my thoughts

Quick update, just returned from a 3000mile trip around Europe so have some more thoughts on the freecom4+ firstly the battery life is better than the Sena 20evo, get nearly two days connected to nav and streaming music, secondly it integrates with my iPhone and nav6 far better than the Sena did. Connecting it using the nav as a hub and no direct connection to the phone it can control music tracks on my phone and my nav with just a touch of the button, but here’s the thing that did astound me; I was listening to a radio app (the fm radio on comms units aren’t great) I stop, switch the bike and comms off. Return to the bike, switch the comms and bike on, press the play button and the unit opens the app I had just been using on my phone and proceeds to play the radio, awesome!
It’s been said before there doesn’t seem to be the perfect comms out there but this is the best BT unit I have used so far.

Quick update, just returned from a 3000mile trip around Europe so have some more thoughts on the freecom4+ firstly the battery life is better than the Sena 20evo, get nearly two days connected to nav and streaming music, secondly it integrates with my iPhone and nav6 far better than the Sena did. Connecting it using the nav as a hub and no direct connection to the phone it can control music tracks on my phone and my nav with just a touch of the button, but here’s the thing that did astound me; I was listening to a radio app (the fm radio on comms units aren’t great) I stop, switch the bike and comms off. Return to the bike, switch the comms and bike on, press the play button and the unit opens the app I had just been using on my phone and proceeds to play the radio, awesome!
It’s been said before there doesn’t seem to be the perfect comms out there but this is the best BT unit I have used so far.

I'm glad to hear that this is the best unit you have used so far.

Now had both units

I have only used the Navigation to helmet facility on both units. I was happy with the Sena 10u unit, but it failed in heavy rain. I bought a Cardo Scala Freecom 1+ from Creags on this site (helpful chap, good advice and efficient), but a couple of weeks after purchase lost the unit. I bought a second unit and almost lost that as well. When I put my helmet on (Shoei Neotech) I pull it down with the two straps and this brings my hand close to the release lever. Luckily I noticed it drop the second time. So something to be aware of. The unit works fine and has run for 9 hours, so far, on a single charge. The sound is clear and if it remains waterproof as claimed I will be happy with the purchase.

I have only used the Navigation to helmet facility on both units. I was happy with the Sena 10u unit, but it failed in heavy rain. I bought a Cardo Scala Freecom 1+ from Creags on this site (helpful chap, good advice and efficient), but a couple of weeks after purchase lost the unit. I bought a second unit and almost lost that as well. When I put my helmet on (Shoei Neotech) I pull it down with the two straps and this brings my hand close to the release lever. Luckily I noticed it drop the second time. So something to be aware of. The unit works fine and has run for 9 hours, so far, on a single charge. The sound is clear and if it remains waterproof as claimed I will be happy with the purchase.

Think you either need to revise your helmet fitting routine, or move the unit. Both myself and my wife have had Pactalk mounted on our Neotec for over 5 years and never once has the unit dropped out of the holder. I also have the same unit fitted to a C3 Pro which I use for blood biking, again, in over 4 years, never once has it fallen out of the holder :) Unless the Freecom is using a different mount of course :)

Just had a look at the Freecom and my Packtalk holder, it looks like the Freecom release is at the front, whereas the Packtalk release is to the rear. So if that is the case, I could see how you could catch it. Guess the only option would be to try and move the unit further to the rear. Bad design :)

Back
Top Bottom