Kent and Back

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Over two days, but two full days of work in the same time. Here to Chichester, then Brighton for overnight in the YHA.... no dramas leaving the bike outside the bay window on the pavement. Everything still there in the morning. Through the back lanes to Dartford, then down to Dungeness, had a fish supper and a couple of pints in The Pilot and headed home. 606 miles, little bike sang like a canary all the way - and it is not much slower going the non-Motorway routes, but oh so much more pleasant and you find lovely little stops, like The Raspberry Room in Brasted, what a fantastic coffee and cake shop! :thumby:

More pics on my phone, but no idea how to get on here from that contraption!

Attachments

• DSC_9628.jpg
    DSC_9628.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_9933.JPG
    DSC_9933.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_9935.JPG
    DSC_9935.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_9939.JPG
    DSC_9939.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 188
Why did you go up to Dartford?

Two bikes to photograph.. this is one, I am still editing the photographs for the other, Dungeness was an Alpha 33 engined trike!

Attachments

• DSC_9800.web.jpg
    DSC_9800.web.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_9814.web.jpg
    DSC_9814.web.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_9820.web.jpg
    DSC_9820.web.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 140
Two bikes to photograph.. this is one, I am still editing the photographs for the other, Dungeness was an Alpha 33 engined trike!

That looks very much like Morrisons pier at Erith to me.

It is, doesn't that count as 'Dartford'? Close enough for my navigation, I took lessons from Tarka! :beerjug:

Bit of a weird one this. Erith has a Dartford phone number and post code but is classed as Southeast London being in the London Borough of Bexley. Depending on usually age the younger generation like to say they live in London, the older generation insisting they live in Kent.

Bit of a weird one this. Erith has a Dartford phone number and post code but is classed as Southeast London being in the London Borough of Bexley. Depending on usually age the younger generation like to say they live in London, the older generation insisting they live in Kent.

Well, if it helps, for me 'London' starts at Dover and finishes somewhere around Cambridge! It is a dark corner that I avoid visiting as much as possible - they drive too fast, are rude, impatient, aggressive and if you try to ask for directions they think you are going to murder them!

Back
Top Bottom