Horn Question:

pieman42

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

R1200RT LC 2016.

Question:
does the horn switch (and hence the horn!) still work for a certain period of time after the ignition has been turned off?

There is method in my madness for this question........honestly!!

Cheers

Hi all,

can anyone with a R1200RT LC try the above on their bike please and let me know.

Thanks very much.

Its on the switched live circuit, so will go off with the ignition.

If you had a canbus plugin thingy (Hexecan) you may be able to program it onto a configurable live feed - but i may be wrong

Whats the madness that needs a method ?

Its on the switched live circuit, so will go off with the ignition.

If you had a canbus plugin thingy (Hexecan) you may be able to program it onto a configurable live feed - but i may be wrong

Whats the madness that needs a method ?

Thanks very much all!!!!

Its just I was trying to get a sequence of events, for an insurance claim, right in my head before I put it down on paper.
I got knocked off my bike, and remember sounding the horn just prior, but it all happened so quick I just couldn't remember if the engine and /or the ignition was off at that exact moment of impact.
Bikes been taken away for repair so I couldn't check.

Thanks everyone who replied!!! Much appreciated.

Martin

Thanks very much all!!!!

Its just I was trying to get a sequence of events, for an insurance claim, right in my head before I put it down on paper.
I got knocked off my bike, and remember sounding the horn just prior, but it all happened so quick I just couldn't remember if the engine and /or the ignition was off at that exact moment of impact.
Bikes been taken away for repair so I couldn't check.

Thanks everyone who replied!!! Much appreciated.

Martin

If the ignition was off you would be coasting then ;)

Thats a breach of highway code rule 122 ;)

Back
Top Bottom