Macbook Pro US power adapter plug to UK plug swap

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Howdy,

Can I cut the end off a US power adapter and put on a UK plug? The internet says I can but I trust you lot more:D . I'm assuming (providing I match the wiring) all will be fine?

Thanks.

Howdy,

Can I cut the end off a US power adapter and put on a UK plug? The internet says I can but I trust you lot more:D . I'm assuming (providing I match the wiring) all will be fine?

Thanks.

Of course you can --- But should you?
Ah Ha! A different thing altogether. However, most power supplies are switch mode, and do not care with reason, what the voltage is or even whether it is AC or DC. If in doubt, look at the label on the power supply and it should provide a voltage range. This will determine you course of action.
Myke

Of course you can --- But should you?
Ah Ha! A different thing altogether. However, most power supplies are switch mode, and do not care with reason, what the voltage is or even whether it is AC or DC. If in doubt, look at the label on the power supply and it should provide a voltage range. This will determine you course of action.
Myke

Thanks Mike. This power supply has been happily working with a us / uk adapter for about eight years. Does not like adapters anymore for some reason.. I expect the pins have bent or something. I'll change it in the morning:thumb

It took me this long to find my continuity tester but found it, changed the plug and she is seriously impressed. I’ve told her an after market charger is about €25 but she insists I’ve saved her €85. Happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom