2020 Bike Transport to Bordeaux

(RIP) Andy007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
As you may be aware every year, I run a couple of trucks to Europe full of bikes and indeed many on this site have traveled this way with me.

I am running 2 next year to Bordeaux this opens up destinations within an easy days riding such as the Pico’s and Pyrenees mountain ranges etc

I have a few places available on the 2nd truck so if anyone is interested just drop me an email to boltoa1@hotmail.co.uk and I will forward you a more detailed breakdown of how it all works along with the cost.

Here are the outlined dates.

Sat 6th June 2020 Load bikes in Belfast
Tue 9th Fly Dublin to Bordeaux
Wed 10th Pick bikes up 8-9am
Thurs 18th return bikes to the trucks and fly home.
Sat 20th Pick bikes up in Belfast.

Cheers Andy

Glad Andy has decided to run this again.

I’ve used his service several times before and can gladly stand at the front of the queue to say his service is second to none.

This is a non-profit making service by the Belfast Flyers bike club where a couple of members hire a couple of trucks and ship bikes, luggage and riding gear to Europe at cost.

The benefits for us are, maximise time in Europe with minimal time off work. No wasting a week getting to the mountains and back. Fly there and meet your own bike and kit.

Andy, I’m currently on holiday but please stick me down for next year.

I would pretty much agree with everything Mr Swollocks said. I too am on holiday but I will be unable to avail of Andy's bespoke service next year. However, I would highly recommend it as a cost effective way of getting your bike and self to either the Alps, Pyrenees, or Picos.

I would pretty much agree with everything Mr Swollocks said. I too am on holiday but I will be unable to avail of Andy's bespoke service next year. However, I would highly recommend it as a cost effective way of getting your bike and self to either the Alps, Pyrenees, or Picos.

Hi All
I now have 6 places left if anyone is interested.
Cheers
Andy

Andy im also interested in a place if you have any left ?

I was in this area just last week.

I'd add to the list of possible destinations - if you head from Bordeaux towards Clermont, there are 3 or 4 'Parcs Naturel' which are just beautiful - quiet roads through fantastic forestry, plenty of camp sites etc. Really worth a visit and only 1 1/2 hours from Bordeaux.

Paul G

Back
Top Bottom