Apple Watch advice please

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m not sure this is the right topic but I’m about to buy an Apple 3 gps + cellular but I’m not sure why lol. 1st I’m guessing that the newest 4 doesn’t off me enough extra for the extra cost but also do I need a cellular ? I like the idea of not having to take my phone when swimming, cycling etc but am I assuming correctly that it will need a stand alone payg or contract SIM card? Also someone suggested a Garmin is a better watch but only BT to the phone not stand alone. Please help before I cock up. Cheers
G

I can't answer your apple watch specific but I have a garmin watch. What it is that you are expecting from it? I need to be connected via BT to sync activities but it doesn't have to be anywhere near a phone while doing them. It also needs to be connected for notifications but these are phone notifications. On WiFi it will give very little notifications and it would be the same on a sim. I don't think you need a GSM version but then I don't know the apple watch.

Like you I'm interested in the syncing of activity and the apple does that via BT and will also BT and wifi to the phone for calls and text but the cell version does it without the phone being present but it must need a sim to contact the remote phone. It seems a good idea to leave my phone behind when swimming and cycling that's all.

If you don’t want it for calls and texts when away from you phone I wouldn’t bother with the cellular bit as you are restricted to carriers anyway so might need to change your provider.

As far as I know the non cellular version still have gps but use the phone when it’s close to save the battery.

Mine is an iWatch 2 and the battery will last 2 days (just), I would say if you have an iPhoto me the. The Apple Watch is a good choice as it just works with it seamlessly.

Perfect so as I’m with EE via Plusnet I can sign up with them 5pm. now to go with or without and just BT the phone. Apple have some watch 3 refurbs so might take the plunge. Thanks

Mine is an iWatch 2 and the battery will last 2 days (just), I would say if you have an iPhoto me the. The Apple Watch is a good choice as it just works with it seamlessly.

This is why I don't like smart watches in general. My garmin lasts 2-3 weeks on a charge!

Back
Top Bottom