Sena + Sena

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm just checking. My own helmet is the Neotec 2 with the Sena SRL2. I want my spare helmet to connect easily with mine... so I'm thinking to get another Sena (right now the spare helmet has an aging Interphone FMC5 - which is a pain to connect and even when it dies, it's really poor).

My question is, do Sena-to-Sena connections work across their products? I want to Gerry out of having to use a 'universal connection'.
(I'm lead to beehive the SRL is actually a 20s prepackaged anyway?)

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

sena to sena is superb for rider to pillion ..when you then start adding ,GPS and Phones and Music it complicates it....

I'm just checking. My own helmet is the Neotec 2 with the Sena SRL2. I want my spare helmet to connect easily with mine... so I'm thinking to get another Sena (right now the spare helmet has an aging Interphone FMC5 - which is a pain to connect and even when it dies, it's really poor).

My question is, do Sena-to-Sena connections work across their products? I want to Gerry out of having to use a 'universal connection'.
(I'm lead to beehive the SRL is actually a 20s prepackaged anyway?)

Thanks

Just make sure whatever one you get has Bluetooth above 1.1 bluetooth 3 is the norm at the moment

Just make sure whatever one you get has Bluetooth above 1.1 bluetooth 3 is the norm at the moment
Thanks smogbob. I think most of my devices are 4.1 and above... So that's a good start

sena to sena is superb for rider to pillion ..when you then start adding ,GPS and Phones and Music it complicates it....
DC. Thanks for that. News I'm happy yo hear. It's mostly pillion to pillion I'm primarily looking for . I can see however I'll need to consult the instruction manual!

Thanks.

Last question then.

Should I go for the 20s it the 20s Evo? Is there much of a difference?

you need a pair to be honest, so if you have the SRL now you need another. two of the same will work better, be easier to set up and be more consistent together

you need a pair to be honest, so if you have the SRL now you need another. two of the same will work better, be easier to set up and be more consistent together

Not disagreeing that SRL’s are a doddle to work together, but as said above they work just as well and are just as easy to connect to the 20s and evo, I ride regularly with a group with a mix of SRL’s and 20 variants without a problem all pair via the sena connection not universal works fine.

I would caveat that and say any two paired together SRL to SRL or SRL to 20s work very very well. The more connected together you loose a little quality.

Back
Top Bottom