Norway advice

Seems Overlanders wont be doing a shipment to Norway next year:( still pricing up other options but also considering the longer route too. Taking the faster option to go North where I'm thinking I wont actually do Nordkap, from what I hear its more of an "I did that" want and I'm thinking I can keep a few days for better scenery

This route is awesome. You somehow manage to miss everything good. Listen to Liv. Btw, the Atlantic Road may look spectacular on a drone photo from the right angle, but isn't really worth a detour.

Ive heard a few say that about the Atlantic road

I hear people say that, and if you only spend the 15 minutes it takes to drive it, I guess that is the feeling you get.
But, as quite often is the case, there are possibilities :

Take a look at the map:

Atlantic Road: Bright green
Aursjøvegen road: Blue
Trollstigen: Red
Trollveggen detour: Dark green appendix to the Trollstigen route.

49091804197_5219b236e6_c.jpg

The Atlantic road (Atlantehavsvegen)

49091092533_6455d8c700_c.jpg

It doesn't take long to drive this road. But it is possible to do so much more.

If you stop for the night at the Hustadvika Gjestegård:

https://no.fjordnorway.com/planlegg-turen/overnatting/hustadvika-gjestegard-by-classic-norway-p783973

49091089713_2729dd6b8a_c.jpg

You may use it as a base for your next day exploration.

Look at the map again. Make a ride that covers the Aursjøvegen, a nice gravel road in good condition (you may ride it on a Goldwing).

49091608591_17a8ec2141_c.jpg

49091092578_23521d48b2_c.jpg

49091602431_c685ea35c2_c.jpg

Then you continue towards Åndalsnes and cover Trollveggen and Trollstigen.

Trollstigen:

https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/fjord-norway/northwest/listings-northwest/trollveggen-and-romsdalen-valley/1001/?lang=uk

49091603611_21aea54f8e_c.jpg

Trollveggen:
http://visit-trollveggen.com/#

49091804012_6c14cdec7c_w.jpg

I don't suggest anyone should do all the 'goodies' (North and South-West) in one trip. That is way to much to digest. I prefer to do a bit at a time, and rather spend more time in each area, on order to get 'that little extra'.

This is merely an example to how a bit of homework may turn a 'so and so' attraction into a memory for life, where each of the attractions by them selves may not be top 10, but combine them and you may have a blast of a day. :beerjug:

Ive heard a few say that about the Atlantic road
That's because it's true ,, we ran it last year , it was not worth the detour .
The Lofotens however ------- if you are lucky with the weather IS just WOWWWWWWW !!!!

I hear people say that, and if you only spend the 15 minutes it takes to drive it, I guess that is the feeling you get.
But, as quite often is the case, there are possibilities :

Take a look at the map:

Atlantic Road: Bright green
Aursjøvegen road: Blue
Trollstigen: Red
Trollveggen detour: Dark green appendix to the Trollstigen route.

49091804197_5219b236e6_c.jpg

Hi Knutk, I've just started intial trip planning for a Morway excursion in the camper van, bike in tow for exploring, and will be definitely doing some gravel in this area. Do you have any other links and/or recommendations? Liv, if you catch this and can add any info, that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom