Apple or Samsung.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
These smart phones seem to be leading the bunch. Would have seriously considered the Huawei but for Trumps meddling screwing up any future updates.
My current Nokia Windows phone has already been phased out of upgrades and never actually worked well with my Zumo sat nav, Sena or Cardo headsets.
As my PC is Win 10, what would be more suitable for use of the subject two?

Looking at either a refurbished iPhone 8 or Samsung equivalent.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

These smart phones seem to be leading the bunch. Would have seriously considered the Huawei but for Trumps meddling screwing up any future updates.
My current Nokia Windows phone has already been phased out of upgrades and never actually worked well with my Zumo sat nav, Sena or Cardo headsets.
As my PC is Win 10, what would be more suitable for use of the subject two?

Looking at either a refurbished iPhone 8 or Samsung equivalent.

Samsung

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've always have had Samsung. Very intuitive easy to use. Can store your own music. Battery life is good, depends on your set up though, reduce screen brightness can add an extra to your battery life. easy to use word/documents/and other stuff. Good memory. Loads of apps that can be used that can't on an iphone.

My last 4 phones have been Samsung. Just had the S10, it is ace however prior to the 10 I had an S8 which was equally Ace.

Im sure the S10 is better but I have yet to discover how/where

Apple behaved so badly with my last one, destroying the battery life, reducing itr from 18 to 3 hours that I will never purchase another Apple product.
Wife has a Samsumg. It is brilliant. I have a Huawei. It is even better, with a 2.5 day attery life & fabulous photos.
Myke

Have both, and the iPhone is a complete pain in the arse.

Posted with my Samsung even though work pays the data bill on the iPhone

Have you considered a one plus? There was a very well priced 6T in the for sale section.

They don't come with all the bloatware that Samsung does.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I think if you're using a PC then I'd go for Samsung. They have really moved on in terms of the integration of their software and products. I moved recently from a Note 4 to the S10. I did look at the iPhone X, but really I'm glad I stuck with Samsung as I discovered the progress they've made...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I think if you're using a PC then I'd go for Samsung. They have really moved on in terms of the integration of their software and products. I moved recently from a Note 4 to the S10. I did look at the iPhone X, but really I'm glad I stuck with Samsung as I discovered the progress they've made...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Looking at a used S9 with minimum 128gb. Whereby just get a SIM for it. Lucky if I make 12 calls a week but, smartphones have other uses.

I've got an Apple. Easy to use for a techno-numpty like me. The lovely Mrs Saint has a Samsung. The sound is much, much better.

I'll get a Samsung next and she can tell me how to use it. :D

The Apple Store 'Genius' recently told me and my daughter that the batteries on the iPhones are designed to take 550 charges. So basically they're knackered after 18 months and Apple only give a 12 month warranty. My Samsungs have gone on and on and have been faultless plus, work with my Zumo absolutely perfectly.

Have you considered a one plus? There was a very well priced 6T in the for sale section.

They don't come with all the bloatware that Samsung does.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I had never even heard of one plus til I seen this post, have since watched and read lots of reviews, seems it's the one for me, cheers for that.

The Apple Store 'Genius' recently told me and my daughter that the batteries on the iPhones are designed to take 550 charges. So basically they're knackered after 18 months and Apple only give a 12 month warranty. My Samsungs have gone on and on and have been faultless plus, work with my Zumo absolutely perfectly.

Folk lore, I’ve got an iPhone 6s still going strong as on contract for 24 months and now lives on with a sim only deal which gives me all I need for 12£ per month.

Never was a committed apple fanboy but they do just seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom