GS slayed.........

Seems to be if I listened well, the KTM is far to powerful for the front of the bike...........so what would be the use for all that power if it cannot be used, I guess for the likes of Nutty to say he has a fast bike...............:D

Watch again ;)

I will stick with my slow 95bhp Africa twin as I'm done worrying about how fast I can go!! I'll get my coat!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I will stick with my slow 95bhp Africa twin as I'm done worrying about how fast I can go!! I'll get my coat!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I keep trying to ride slower to keep my license, bloody radars keep popping up everywhere, now bloody little drones buzzing over me head.

I keep trying to ride slower to keep my license, bloody radars keep popping up everywhere, now bloody little drones buzzing over me head.

Ha, that old excuse :rolleyes:

I could loose my licence on my MZ..............

Best buy a Tomos old man :D

Andres

Ha, that old excuse :rolleyes:

I could loose my licence on my MZ..............

Best buy a Tomos old man :D

Andres

I knew this thread would expose their insecurities, and get them all riled! :JB

The reality is, and i hate to be the one with a sensible contribution here, that you can lose your license on just about any bike ( Tomos excepted)

My 1290 GT is quite truly too bloody fast or for better description much faster than i am prepared to go in the real world

I have no problems doing the full 180MPH in the right place but where exactly is that ?

A bike will only go as fast as the rider is prepared to make it go and I am only prepared to go as fast as my capability allows

Funny thing is, the guy doing the riding expected the GS to be quicker and was surprised at the stopwatch.

As someone who has owned both bikes, and done top-gear roll-ons side by side with a mate on his SAS, I can tell you the GS's torque really shows in the real world.

The GS pulled away and the KTM only overhauled it when we were up in serious license losing territory.

The higher horsepower KTM is a bit quicker on the track, but the GS is arguably quicker point to point on the road (with an average pilot on it).
My 1290 SA-S was "faster" than my 1250 GS if the pilot was brave / stupid enough to use the top end power, but not with me riding it ;)

And as for "Slayed" - that's headline writing worthy of a red top at it's best :p :aidan

Truly slayed...;)

17% more power and only 3% quicker - is that what you'd expect on track, or is the KTM not able to use all of the power advantage?

Me, who's never ridden on a track is curious as to why the small gap - or what appears to be, on a 2 minute+ lap.

Yes, otherwise MotoGP bikes would be twenty seconds a lap faster than Moto2 bikes, which would then e slower than the GS

So nutty thinks third place is first place

Thought spin was only in politics to influence the masses

Seems like the KTM boys are a bit blinded by the bright orange frame.

So easy :D

But the KTM comes an absolute first as the ugliest bike of the trio. Jesus ! what an ugly front end.:barf

But the KTM comes an absolute first as the ugliest bike of the trio. Jesus ! what an ugly front end.:barf

I didn't know there was a beauty competition for bikes.

Anyway, all well and good but what does the track performance mean for me? Very few of us ever use 10/10s of the capability of the bike and a track comparison of traily bikes is about as useful as wooden tits.

And the only traily type bikes that ever lifted a wheel when overtaking a car was a KTM 1190 and 1290 SA-T. Never ridden the Duc because it looks utterly uncomfortable to me. So the more power it has the more exiting it can be. The BMW GS is and will always be a touring bike. It has its own niche and BMW is not in a hp competition with other manufacturers in this class. KTM is and always will be a competition manufacturer, competing, it is in their DNA. The ergonomics are not perfect but the chassis is very good. 2-up = BMW, alone = KTM, excitement = KTM, comfort and ergonomics = BMW, ownership costs and brand experience = well that depends on the owner himself and is as individual as an arse. You pays your money, you make your choice.

I didn't know there was a beauty competition for bikes.

Anyway, all well and good but what does the track performance mean for me? Very few of us ever use 10/10s of the capability of the bike and a track comparison of traily bikes is about as useful as wooden tits.

And the only traily type bikes that ever lifted a wheel when overtaking a car was a KTM 1190 and 1290 SA-T. Never ridden the Duc because it looks utterly uncomfortable to me. So the more power it has the more exiting it can be. The BMW GS is and will always be a touring bike. It has its own niche and BMW is not in a hp competition with other manufacturers in this class. KTM is and always will be a competition manufacturer, competing, it is in their DNA. The ergonomics are not perfect but the chassis is very good. 2-up = BMW, alone = KTM, excitement = KTM, comfort and ergonomics = BMW, ownership costs and brand experience = well that depends on the owner himself and is as individual as an arse. You pays your money, you make your choice.

If they are as so powerful as you say, and that is certainly a fact, why do they need more power adding, if the power is really added......:nenau

Back
Top Bottom