FUND RAISING. Any help out there ???

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
FUND RAISING . . . .for something we hope we don’t need, but could be crucial if we do........

Some of you know me, some of you dont but due to circumstances beyond my control, I will have quite a lot of time on my hands in the next few months (redundancy looming). To that end I have decided to use that time to cycle from here in Lincolnshire to Northern Scotland in early September (not in one day obviously, that would be just silly). I plan to hug the East coast as I head North, and keep the big blue wobbly thing (The sea) to my right ! The mileage should be about 720 miles.

Whilst it's not exactly a circumnavigation of the globe, it's a long way for little legs like mine but I have decided to raise some money for something that could affect us all one day, The Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance.

As a lot of my friends and acquaintances either ride “dangerous” motorcycles, or ride bicycles or are just calamitous, (In some cases, all three !!!) we hope we never have to use the invaluable service the Ambucopter provides. However, given that we live in one or the more rural counties in the UK, with virtually no motorway links or fast roads, we need to keep the facility "up" and running. (See what I did there !!)

The care provided gives people their very best chance of survival in our area but is not not part of the NHS. Nor does it receive government funding. To that end, any donation really is essential in helping to save lives!. If you would like to give some of your hard earned cash, the people who run the charity would be very pleased. Can you use the link below please guys. Go on, you know it makes sense

Thank you for taking time to read the above. Over to you folks . . .

Martin

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martin-southwick1

(https://www.ambucopter.org.uk/)

Done. Good luck mate, a worthy cause.. Ive alway done a monthly donation to our local AA.... Keeping them in the air around the country will serve us all well if the worst happens...:beerjug::bow:thumb

Done. Good luck mate, a worthy cause.. Ive alway done a monthly donation to our local AA.... Keeping them in the air around the country will serve us all well if the worst happens...:beerjug::bow:thumb

Thank you Marlou, youre the first to donate. It will be greatly received. Appreciated

Donation made Martin good luck with the ride and keep positive on the job front :thumb2

That’s wonderful Gerry, it’s really appreciated. Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom