R80g/s Tyres

robfin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have Twinduro tyres fitted, but am looking at replacements.
I see ads for Enduro 2 rear tyres, but not fronts. Are they still available?
My reasoning is that they look like the original tyres fitted from photos....
Comments please.

Enduro 1 for the front and Enduro 2 for the rear. Both are still available.

I have them on my G/S. I think they're a great tyre. This is my second pair.

Have a look here.

Enduro 3s suit me better, in every way.
When the Oz importer has any that is.
Dunlop D604 s are a lot cheaper in Oz and are excellent too, when the 3s are out of stock.
Better than the 1/2 combo.

Enduro 1 and 2's were the standard from the factory fit. They are still available, but are now only made in batches from time to time so can be a bit thin on the ground in between manufacture. They can be a bit pricy because of this.

They are a decent tyre (altho I find they wear quickly) allegedly made specifically for the g/s and I have used them often , however, now I use Conti TKC 70's which are far far superior in every area. And believe me, I have tried pretty much all the tyres out there on my g/s. Apart from aesthetic reasons (if I do a period/detail correct restoration for example-unlikely!) I doubt I will be using the 1 and 2's again.

I like the TKC 70s too. I had them on my 12 when I had it and I have them on my 1150.

As I don't ride the g/s that often, I thought I'd go for the originals for the look as they look great. Sometimes it's not just about performance. :thumb

I'm shallow and fit TKC80s on mine because they look the best.

I do need them occasionally :)

G-S%20Pyrenees%20%281%29-L.jpg

Enduro 3 here on the 100GS. Plenty grip on road and on gravel and grass. Reviews say wears a bit fast but such is life, you cant have everything.

I was in touch with Pirelli for tyres for mine this week - Scorpion not available in stock because of the 21" rim.... tried all srts, again the rear was available but not the front. Ended up ordering Metzeler (same company, I don't if Pirelli own Metzeler, or the other way round) Karoo Street, but it will be a month before they are in stock too... it is the old sizes. They don't stock them - this is the factory in Burton-on-Trent I am contacting, because they used to sponsor us for the Streetfighter Starightliners. No doubt 'Round and black' or other faceless, online, entity will have them - but I would rather deal with an actual person. I'll let you know what they're like once they've arrived.

Back
Top Bottom