the R1250RS is in the dealers well in UK

midlife crisis

Reaction score
just been into my local BMW dealer and there is a R1250RS exclusive sitting in the showroom, not ready for test rides but at least it is here.

need to change there name off this thread to R1200/R1250RS!!!

Graham

Took One Out Today

Took one out from Allan Jefferies today. Very nice indeed. The new 1250 engine certainly suits the bike, quite a noticeable increase in performance. It's had lots of updates over the old model which was getting a bit left behind with the technology. I think it's a seriously underrated bike and lurks in the shadows of more fashionable bikes in the BMW range. Well worth a test ride.:thumb

Took one out from Allan Jefferies today. Very nice indeed. The new 1250 engine certainly suits the bike, quite a noticeable increase in performance. It's had lots of updates over the old model which was getting a bit left behind with the technology. I think it's a seriously underrated bike and lurks in the shadows of more fashionable bikes in the BMW range. Well worth a test ride.:thumb

Any comments on wind protection from the screen ? Turbulent or clear air ? Interested as I've seen a few reports on the previous model saying it was an issue.

RBW.

Any comments on wind protection from the screen ? Turbulent or clear air ? Interested as I've seen a few reports on the previous model saying it was an issue.

RBW.

I had one on loan whilst my S100Xr was being worked on. I did a bout 160miles on it.

The old screen didn't work too well the new one did for me its much better.

Bike is much more a real world Sports / Tourer now in Dynamic Mode it was much quicker off the throttle, I used to have an R1200R and this would leave it for dead.
LED lights are much better, the LCD Screen looks like it belongs on this rather than bolted on as with the 1250R.
It seemed to handle better but it did have the active ESA thingy on it.

Ive ridden the GS1250 AND THE r1250r this was the best of the bunch performance wise.

If I was keeping it long term bar risers would be needed just to ease it off the wrists round town. This may have been accentuated as I was riding in a spirited manner :beerjug:

No issue regarding wind protection from the screen from me. I'm 6'1" and used to sitting behind a GSA screen. Mind you I rode an old R1200RS last year and didn't really have problem. That said Im due to take one out for 24 hrs next week so will be able to give it a more thorough test then. Definately agree with Ianran that it's a more real world proposition.

I’ve the 1200 and love it.

I’m just under 6’ and whilst the wind protection doesn’t match my old GSA, it’s not an issue for me. After all, it’s a motorbike ffs.

Nothing wrong with the 1200, sometimes it's just a case of the emperors new clothes.

Back
Top Bottom