The annual Billy no mates tour +1

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right then, we’re loaded and ready for the off. Billy no mates is having a break from traveling alone and taking his wife along so things may be slightly different this year :D

In yet another break from tradition we’ve actually got the outline of a plan which is to go to the German MotoGP round this weekend then Chimay a fortnight later but the middle bit is somewhat flexible.

We might go to the Baltic and spend a day or two in Tallinn because I really liked it last year and the wife was a bit miffed at missing out due to health reasons but two days after I got back we flew to the Balearics as compensation :cool:

We might go to the Black Sea via a couple of high passes in Romania and if we do that we’d probably spend a day wandering around Brasov which seemed interesting when I briefly visited a couple of years back.

We might go bollocks to it and belt down through the Balkans to dip a toe into Greece because I’ve never ridden a bike there before or we might be slightly sensible and stay within 24 hours of the UK due to my mother being in hospital but she’s a lot better today so we’re going and looking forward we’ll just play it by ear according to hospital reports.

Whatever happens you’ll be receiving tedious reports on local beer and food with maybe a photo or two of the local scenery if I can get away with it :green gri

Splendid. :clap

Apart from taking the wife; what a silly move! :p

Ride to Greece, what’s not too like.

Pass the lemonade and popcorn ... watching with interest ... have a great trip:thumb2

Beer time.

b238a85aea04e08489a247886c1dda34.jpg

Mrs B is being a beer fairy and drinking cider with black currant so the jug is all mine

I'm in ..... Looking forward to the updates. Have a great time where ever you end up :beerjug:

Looking forward to your report Andy.
I've had to cancel my Black Sea trip this year as I'm starting a new 6 month contract on the 12th July.
We're still going to Misano but that's a car trip.
I'll maybe get a day trip to the north of Scotland.
Enjoy and keep us posted.

Blackcurrant snakebite! Now there's a drink I've not heard ordered for a while! Clearly a woman of taste. Did she get the round in? :augie

Enjoy the break Andy. Hope all stays well on the Home front too. :beerjug:

Well here’s today’s update.

We smashed 450 miles in seriously warm weather, got to the hotel at about 16:30, shower and a beer then all looked good.

18:00 was the start of the free bbq and I whizzed a few beers down my neck and it still looked good.

19:30 I phoned the hospital and the official prognosis is that my mum is “struggling”. That’s it, game over and I’m looking at setting off at about 6am local time tomorrow to nail it to Calais. I reckon I can fill up here then stick at 100mph and probably be there by about 13:00 and on the next train.

I’m trying to persuade my wife that I can go a fuck of a lot faster than her, stop less frequently and do a splash and dash when I do stop so she should stay for the races and we’ll see how things go.

You may not get a trip report but it might get exciting 😀

We smashed 450 miles in seriously warm weather, got to the hotel at about 16:30, shower and a beer then all looked good.

18:00 was the start of the free bbq and I whizzed a few beers down my neck and it still looked good.

19:30 I phoned the hospital and the official prognosis is that my mum is “struggling”. That’s it, game over and I’m looking at setting off at about 6am local time tomorrow to nail it to Calais. I reckon I can fill up here then stick at 100mph and probably be there by about 13:00 and on the next train.

I’m trying to persuade my wife that I can go a fuck of a lot faster than her, stop less frequently and do a splash and dash when I do stop so she should stay for the races and we’ll see how things go.

You may not get a trip report but it might get exciting ��
Just make sure that you arrive at your mums bedside in time but alive

Just make sure that you arrive at your mums bedside in time but alive

With Rick on that, and careful riding at that speed through France, the Gendarmes are out in force for the holidays, at that speed they will seize the bike on the spot, Tomorrow is RED in France traffic wise, be careful mate.

With Rick on that, and careful riding at that speed through France, the Gendarmes are out in force for the holidays, at that speed they will seize the bike on the spot, Tomorrow is RED in France traffic wise, be careful mate.

Thanks for the thoughts, I know the system and I’ll play within the limits.

It’s a straight choice between an overnight crossing from the Hook and at the hospital by lunchtime Sunday which is an easy day out or a fast run to Calais, whichever crossing I can get then a few hours sleep and there by 10am so the sensible option is the overnight crossing with minimal risks attached.

I really don’t want the wife to go in the morning because I’d sooner she stayed here and let loose the idiot then I can make my own choices without worrying about her but she wants to go as support. I can see her point but when push comes to shove the gloves come off and it’s big boys rules.

Hope your mum improves and that you manage to get to her without any dramas.....:thumb2:thumb2

You may not get a trip report but it might get exciting 😀

Fuckinell man; that's shit news; take care on the ride back bud; hope things work out ok for yer Ma; and keep yer focus on the rd ; all the best.

Back
Top Bottom