It’s a svart move !

I really fancy a Vitpilen, but not test ridden yet.

What's the exhaust/engine note like in reality (as opposed to listening on youtube)? I have mostly classic old brits and italians, hence exhaust note is a big part of a bike's appeal for me, hence why the only "modern" is a Griso.

I noted on Gary Inman's test of the Vitpilen in Bike magazine, he HATED the engine noise, but nobody seems to mention it in video reviews etc??

Thanks

Dave

The exhaust note is actually a bit shite. Needs to be louder but I had a 701SM fitted with Akra sans baffle and it was too loud,so difficult to find a balance.

Remus are supposedly designing a trick full system to re released at EICMA in November so that might be good.

Loving the bike though. Only done about 180 miles but that’s all on Guernsey.The gearing is high so I can’t get above 4th but the bike is a real scalpel.It’s so light and flickable. Great suspension and strong brakes.Up and down quickshifter means it’s great fun.Need to take it away though .
Going to fit a USB socket to the bars-there’s one provided but its under the seat so fuck all use !!
Talking of the seat-its very wide and hard but also seems very supportive .Like the best seats,its never actually comfortable but doesn’t seem to get uncomfortable.Time will tell on longer days away.
Gripes ? Not many . The speedo is a bit shite. The styling rules out carrying a tail pack and the 12 litre tank means range is only about 140 to empty.And the looks are definitely a bit marmite.

But it’s great to ride such a simple but potent, light machine.

17211e48074cf43de11ce9e65751e76f.jpg

Suits it :) An Akra I actually like ;)

Can you get a tail tidy for them? I'm a bit conflicted as to whether it would make an improvement or not as I quite like the sticky out plate mount ........ just wondering really?

Andres

Is it the same/ similar balanced engine to the thumper in the 2019 ktm690 enduro ? (I’d like one of those but boss says no )

“Probably one of the top 5 most fun bikes that I’ve ever ridden “ MCN:
https://youtu.be/fOvJL1rEXkE
“As fun as an MT07 but handles better !”
I am sure all of that’s true , but it’s not for me cos no good for bad weather or distance.

A great article here on the 'difference' between Husky & KTM using the 701 as an example.

Written by Gary Inman who's, IMHO, nearly as good as Mark Williams was..............

LINKY

Welcome to my work world :D

Andres

Hi, can I ask, how long and how tall are these bikes? If they can fit into a 2050mm long garage in a camper......

“Probably one of the top 5 most fun bikes that I’ve ever ridden “ MCN:
https://youtu.be/fOvJL1rEXkE
“As fun as an MT07 but handles better !”
I am sure all of that’s true , but it’s not for me cos no good for bad weather or distance.
But is it as good as the Norton's you kept saying were brilliant?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I'm glad you like it Martin.
I usually go for black bikes but this one looks odd at the rear right to me as if they've cut a bit off the exhaust and it now looks unbalanced.

Each to their own, enjoy!

p.s. I might have bought your T3 if I'd known.

Hi, can I ask, how long and how tall are these bikes? If they can fit into a 2050mm long garage in a camper......

You can but I’ve no idea and not home for a week.

I'm glad you like it Martin.
I usually go for black bikes but this one looks odd at the rear right to me as if they've cut a bit off the exhaust and it now looks unbalanced.

Each to their own, enjoy!

p.s. I might have bought your T3 if I'd known.

It’s great but not getting used so being part-exd for something more usable (for me).

Hi Arsey,
Oh yes, i've searched for a few bikes that I might deem worthy, and finding the overall length is not something everyone publishes. And loads of reviewers merely spout out what is already on the manufacturers site. The svart's wheelbase is not even quoted, but what i would really like is the overall length.

I've also thought of the Ducati scrambler, Triumph street twin, yamaha XTribute and a passing thought of the CCP Spitfire.

I can squeeze in a little more length if I go diagonally, but that makes loading a lot more tricky......

Cheers!
Merv.

Back
Top Bottom