Keys

I have both an extra fob (about £185 and has to come from Germany in a large cardboard wallet) and a non-chipped key which I use for luggage/nav. I take the spare fob with me minus batteries (yes I carry the batteries!) in the hip pocket and main fob on lanyard round my neck. Therefore almost impossible to get stranded with keyless an no chance of breaking the fob key as the panniers can be a bit of a pain to attach - and strangely the non-fob key only works one way up on the panniers, but both ways on the top box. Probably stiff/dodgy pannier lock barrels...

Me to . I hate only having one key sop bought another fob for £169 I think . worth it for piece of mind . I did leave the Key in the top box lock for about 80 miles !! It was luckily still there:eek:

Me to . I hate only having one key sop bought another fob for £169 I think . worth it for piece of mind . I did leave the Key in the top box lock for about 80 miles !! It was luckily still there:eek:

Not the first time ive done that with my topbox/ pannier keys. Went all the way from Hamilton (Glasgow) to Elgin with them hanging in the lock 196 miles lol.

why?
Posted to my work address in any case and as my bike is keyless you'll have a hard job starting it or getting the locks off with a spare key that has no code on it :blast

If anyone is really that worried go to your local dealer and get one from them.

why?
Posted to my work address in any case and as my bike is keyless you'll have a hard job starting it or getting the locks off with a spare key that has no code on it :blast

If anyone is really that worried go to your local dealer and get one from them.

Just saying the spare key, can unlock the Nav6, unlock the seats, and panniers, wise to send to work address, but thought it might just be a heads up, as you save a fiver, and loose 3 grand of kit.........:rob

Just saying the spare key, can unlock the Nav6, unlock the seats, and panniers, wise to send to work address, but thought it might just be a heads up, as you save a fiver, and loose 3 grand of kit.........:rob

My bike isnt kept at home, in fact it isnt even kept in Elgin so id say it was ok as far as this goes.

well aware of all that, hence delivered to my work, though if the guy running his business was going to do that he could just go around car parks with a bunch of keys.

maybe it would be better to offer the heads up instead of the initial sarcasm? just a heads up.

well aware of all that, hence delivered to my work, though if the guy running his business was going to do that he could just go around car parks with a bunch of keys.

maybe it would be better to offer the heads up instead of the initial sarcasm? just a heads up.

:potkettle:potkettle:potkettle me says............:blast

Got a spare key for nav, seat and luggage so no transponder code from BMW dealer for £22 - need driving licence and V5 (log book). You only get one key fob plus plastic key regardless of Alarm fitment or not. Criminal really as a mate got two fobs with his non-keyless ride GSA. So you pay extra for keyless ride, but lose one key fob, typical BMW.

Got a spare key for nav, seat and luggage so no transponder code from BMW dealer for £22 - need driving licence and V5 (log book). You only get one key fob plus plastic key regardless of Alarm fitment or not. Criminal really as a mate got two fobs with his non-keyless ride GSA. So you pay extra for keyless ride, but lose one key fob, typical BMW.

I got one for &14.99 inc post from Key2code. It should be either today or tomorrow. Will let peeps know if it is correct or not. My dealer wants £30 with a week to wait for it to come from the mothership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom