Seat nicked

Beagood

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So some Tuesday nicked the seat off of my ‘03 Adventure during the day yesterday In Holborn (London). FFS. I’d just got it re-covered too, which is probably why they stole it. Looks like it was just levered off at the back where the ‘locking’ pins are. Any ideas how to make a replacement more secure?

Chain & lock through top of back wheel & over seat?

cc4795079231302a1242798472f06b73.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chain & lock through top of back wheel & over seat?

cc4795079231302a1242798472f06b73.jpg

If they jemmied the seat off they might have other tools to snip a little cable, best idea is to cover the bike from prying eyes, cheap aldi cover helps.

What the hell - they nicked ‘the seat’! :blast:blast:blast

I think the sight of a chain would be a deterrent in places like Holborn where the sight of bolt cutters would spark a terrorist alert!

If they jemmied the seat off they might have other tools to snip a little cable, best idea is to cover the bike from prying eyes, cheap aldi cover helps.

Do you need a seat??? I've a spare you can either borrow it until to you sort.. it or buy it up to you.

I have a spare low seat (genuine BMW/Shad) for my 03 Adventure bought from Cherokee of this parish a couple of years ago for £100, but only used once as I couldn't get on with the step stopping me moving around on long trips.
If your interested, you can have it for £90.
Alternatively if you want to borrow it until you get yours sorted let me know. I'm in Herefordshire, but will be in the Kingston/Teddington area on the evening of Thursday 11th and could bring it down.

Do you need a seat??? I've a spare you can either borrow it until to you sort.. it or buy it up to you.

I have a spare low seat (genuine BMW/Shad) for my 03 Adventure

Thanks to Mac and Spa for stepping up - I’ve got a spare but shabby standard adv bench jobby which will tide me over (the nicked one was a low).

Mac, may well take you up on that but always fancied converting to the standard dual set up.

Still struggling to understand what sort of back-to-front nicks someone’s seat...

Still struggling to understand what sort of back-to-front nicks someone’s seat...

a) An unscrupulous bastard who owns an 1150 with a shabby seat?
b) A low life scrote who knows somebody with an 1150 with a shabby seat?

Was your re-cover a standard job or something different which stands out? Could be worth keeping an eye on ebay.

Sounds like you just got unlucky. Never heard of a seat getting nicked before, though im sure its happened. I would think it was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and some unscrupulous bastard saw your seat was nicer than theirs and decided to have it. I probably wouldnt stress about the hassle of chaining a seat every time you leave the bike on the off chance that lightning strikes twice.

a)

Was your re-cover a standard job or something different which stands out? Could be worth keeping an eye on ebay.

It was re-covered - a lovely job by Stan Leather (formally of Shoreditch now in Wales) and it had my toolkit strapped to it of course 🤬

Back
Top Bottom