Scotland Tours 2019 - It has Been A Great Year

jamie todd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I hope you are all enjoying this weather :) as some of you may know, I took the plunge and started up a small tour guide business based here in Scotland at the start of 2019.
It took a while to get all set up, websites done, insurances etc but it has been worth it so far. I have ran x4 tours since March and it has been great. Meeting loads of different people from all over the world has been awesome and long may it continue.
I have put together an amazing route that covers 1100 miles over the 5 days, this route also covers 90% of the NC 500 route. All in all it has been an amazing year, the roads up here have been pretty packed this year with tourists. The best way to tour up around Scotland is by bike :).
The hardest part for me is getting accommodation booking in and around the NC 500 route as you can imagine this route is very very popular now, when trying to book rooms to accommodate 8-10 rider group is pretty tough. I have now put together a 5 day camping tour and also a 3 day/long weekend camping our that is now becoming very popular.
The 5 day camping tour covers 1100 miles and the NC 500 loop, the 3 day/long weekend tour is roughly 700 miles and covers loads of other parts of Scotland. The long weekend tour is a good one to join us on as you don't need much time away from work and also a good short break for riders with pillions.
Our next 3 day tour is in 2 weeks then we have a week break before the next one, both these tours are fully booked.
The next camping tour will be in September and October before we wrap it up for the year and plan our adventures for 2020 :)

If anyone is interested in joining us on the next camping tour please don`t hesitate to contact me.

Once again I would like to thank everyone who gave me some good pointers at the start of 2019 when I posted about my new venture :)

Attachments

• 42881011_1872368459465907_4824339912360722432_o.jpg
    42881011_1872368459465907_4824339912360722432_o.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Image-147.jpg
    Image-147.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Image-151.jpg
    Image-151.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Image-150.jpg
    Image-150.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 287
  • Image-153.jpg
    Image-153.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 299
Nice one Jamie keep it going!

PS is that the car park at Kingbarns?

Cheers mate, Yes you are correct, we stopped off at the Cheese Toast Shack. If you haven't tried it you should pop down, awesome.

Pretty sure I ran into the lad on the KTM in Westhill in Aberdeen yesterday! Haha.

Trips look great, if I ever get a chance to slip away for a few days on the bike I'll definitely give you a shout. :)

Pic 1 is Balech na ba
Pic 2 I can't quite work out
Pic 3 Chairlifts at Glenshee
Pic 4 BP filling station in Pitlochry ????
Pic 5 Chairlifts at Glencoe

How many did I get right/wrong ?

hahah, just read the other posts, cheese shack at Kingsbarns, would never have guessed that had I not read it.

You know this, my ex told me I should've started up a tour company up here. She said with all the knowledge I had and all the places I've been in Scotland it was right up my street. This was probably before YT vlogging became a big thing and tbh even after she said it, it wasn't really something I was interested in but I wish you well.

It's not an easy market but having a vast knowledge of the county roads makes things easier, just no o sure I'd have taken them doon that lane to the cheese shack though, bet the locals in Kingsbarns thought WTF and ah those golfers. :D

Back
Top Bottom