TRANSFERRING BASC CAMP ROUTE INTO NAV6 QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordyman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have trawled through the various threads but cannot find the answer I am looking for. So I would appreciate your help in either solving my problem or directing me to a thread that I have missed somehow. Thanks:-

I have created a 250 mile round robin route in Basecamp. Once created I sent it to my Nav6. My Nav6 has recorded the route in Trip Planner. I want to put the route into my favourites folder in my Nav6 but everything I have tried does not work. Listed below are all my actions. Is there anything that I have not done or should do to enable me to transfer the route from Planner to Favourites? Thanks for your help.

What I have done so far:-
1- Clicked 'create route' in base camp on my PC
2 - Dragged pointer/pencil thingy to the start point of my route
3 - Then continued to drag pointer to each change of direction and clicked so as to get the exact route that I wanted to take to develop the whole 250 mile circuit
4 - Once I had completed the whole circuit I clicked on the 'Device' tab
5 - I then clicked 'Send to device' on the drop down menu
6 - My Nav6 received the route into Trip Planner
7 - How do I now save/transfer this into my Favourites folder in my Nav6

Your help much appreciated.

I think you’ll find that the waypoints etc will be in your favourites but the route won’t. It’s in your trip planner. Don’t see the problem with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Routes do not appear in favourites.

HI Wapping so no way to put them into favourites then. So from this am I right to assume that only routes that I plan using my nav6 instead of the PC are able to be saved as favourites? Also where I have clicked on another road to develop the route does this automatically become a way point? Thanks.

I think you’ll find that the waypoints etc will be in your favourites but the route won’t. It’s in your trip planner. Don’t see the problem with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HI Becksy. Garmin perform auto back ups of Favourites when doing updates etc but not Trip Planner. Also if possible I prefer to have all routes in one folder.

As far as I know, there is no way to save a route as a favourite.

If you create a route on your PC or within the device itself, it will appear in your trip planner.

If you subsequently amend this route, the amended route will appear too.

HI Becksy. Garmin perform auto back ups of Favourites when doing updates etc but not Trip Planner. Also if possible I prefer to have all routes in one folder.

BaseCamp and (if I remember correctly) Mapsource can and will import routes from your Garmin device into your home computer.

I have a batch of simple routes on my Garmin that I like to keep. Three for example are, Peronne to Calais, no motorway. Peronne to Calais, little bit of motorway and Peronne to Calais, fastest way possible. I just remember what I called them and then just select them when needed.

BaseCamp and (if I remember correctly) Mapsource can and will import routes from your Garmin device into your home computer.

I have a batch of simple routes on my Garmin that I like to keep. Three for example are, Peronne to Calais, no motorway. Peronne to Calais, little bit of motorway and Peronne to Calais, fastest way possible. I just remember what I called them and then just select them when needed.

HI Wapping
Thanks for your replies much appreciated. Just seems that the Favourites option on the Garmin Device is a tad redundant really. But thanks for your replies. :beerjug:

Favourites is a list of places, not routes - so you can travel to a favourite place from anywhere you happen to be, not necessarily using a pre-planned route from somewhere else. Doesn't that add to the options rather than make the feature "redundant"?

You could always make your own list of favourite routes. For example, call them:

Fav 1: Home to X

Fav 2: Home to C, via B

Fav 3: C to G (twisty)

They will then appear in alphabetical / numerical order in Trip Planner. Select the one you want and BINGO!

You could always make your own list of favourite routes. For example, call them:

Fav 1: Home to X

Fav 2: Home to C, via B

Fav 3: C to G (twisty)

They will then appear in alphabetical / numerical order in Trip Planner. Select the one you want and BINGO!

Yep that's what I have been doing in trip planner. But just thought favourites was for keeping the routes not just places ie plan in trip planner and save in favourites. But now I know you can't no problem thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom