This will have Engineer dipping in to his Jockeys for a tug

I've fallen off 'auf dem Nürburgring' ... it's easy to do :D

:beerjug:

At no point was he able to catch the GS rider in front. Thought these were the GS slayers ?

Was at my local BMW dealers on Saturday, got chatting to a guy with a KTM 1290GT, completely unprompted he said he couldn’t wait to sell it, only done about 1800 miles but he couldn’t get on with it because the suspension was so bad, unsettled and wallowed when pushed even moderately hard on the road. KTM clearly can’t design electronic suspension as well as BMW.

Was at my local BMW dealers on Saturday, got chatting to a guy with a KTM 1290GT, completely unprompted he said he couldn’t wait to sell it, only done about 1800 miles but he couldn’t get on with it because the suspension was so bad, unsettled and wallowed when pushed even moderately hard on the road. KTM clearly can’t design electronic suspension as well as BMW.

Hahaha....
So KTM “clearly can’t design electronic suspension as well as BMW” based on a random meeting you had with a guy at a motorcycle dealer..............perhaps he is just as shit a rider as you are........:nenau

Er......Order!!...Ordaaar!! Will the right honorable gentleman kindly adjust his tone and speak in a factual way :blast

That's just rubbish. How about you go try the latest shift-thing GS (a great bike) and then compare the suspension with the 1290S. There's a very noticeable difference in quality chap - 1290 far superior on road at least. BMW have got that suspension wrong and when I raised it with our dealer about not having the adjustments of the LC he shrugged his shoulders.

Feel sorry for the guy in the vid though. didn't look like novice. He's the owner of a proper KTM now though :thumb

If the suspension is unsettled and wallows then a diet might help. KTM don’t usually target fat fuckers when they design a bike because BMW have cornered the market for them with the GS.

If the suspension is unsettled and wallows then a diet might help. KTM don’t usually target fat fuckers when they design a bike because BMW have cornered the market for them with the GS.

Half correct Andy, that is if you consider the 80kg shock weight settings as enough for tossers................think they missed at least 20 kgs off their real target......:D

That’s funny, as I was at my local KTM dealer on Saturday; a bloke turned up on a 1250GS, and he was there trading it in as he said it was as boring as fuck & wheezy compared to the 1290 ;)

That’s funny, as I was at my local KTM dealer on Saturday; a bloke turned up on a 1250GS, and he was there trading it in as he said it was as boring as fuck & wheezy compared to the 1290 ;)

Nutty + Engineer = white is black, er no black is white, er no............................:jes:jes

He couldn't wait to get rid of it because it scared him to death and he couldn't handle the power is a more likely tale, he just couldn't admit it

Nutty + Engineer = white is black, er no black is white, er no............................:jes:jes

The bloke hasn’t owned, let alone even ridden a KTM, so is just full of hot air. Engineer’s opinion counts for nothing in this section. :comfort

The bloke hasn’t owned, let alone even ridden a KTM, so is just full of hot air. Engineer’s opinion counts for nothing in this section. :comfort

I have never owned one either, was very close after testing, but a chain, no more please give me a rusty drive shaft............:D

Back
Top Bottom