595 Route Upload Capabilities

(RIP) Spangle

Reaction score
I’ve been using my 660 for about 8/9 years now and although it still does what I want it to, it’s frustrating having to rely on using my laptop to upload routes.

I’ve always used Mapsource but have recently tried MyRoute app which is useful for creating routes on my iPhone or iPad. Unfortunately, I then have to transfer routes to my clunky old laptop for upload to the 660.

My question is, is it possible to upload routes directly from iPad/iPhone to the 595 either by Bluetooth or cable?

We’re all doomed!

From your experience & knowledge, in order to order the correct card reader whilst I’m at work, can you tell me if the 660 uses a micro SD card and if so what is the optimum size?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re all doomed!

From your experience & knowledge, in order to order the correct card reader whilst I’m at work, can you tell me if the 660 uses a micro SD card and if so what is the optimum size?

Thanks for your help

Even at work, Google is your friend.

71a22cc6cd2a6ee40d47c5198cf94d55.jpg

I think the easiest way would be to buy a cheap secondhand laptop or similar on UKGSer or ebay and use it just for basic Garmin / email type stuff. Or consign your clanky old one to the bin (some stores allow what looks like generous trade-in, even on really old stuff. So check before you lob) and buy yourself a newer laptop that will probably last for years.

PS Have you seen the thread about speeding up a 660?

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...ve-performance-of-Garmin-Zumo-660-665-devices

Cheers Richard, I think you’re right about reverting to laptop but I was hoping to be able to just take my iPad with me for space reasons.

I had read that article on speeding up the 660 but decided to carry out the procedure once I’m back from my trip on the basis my 660 is working ok right now & don’t want to bugger it up, as I most surely will!

Cheers Richard, I think you’re right about reverting to laptop but I was hoping to be able to just take my iPad with me for space reasons.

I had read that article on speeding up the 660 but decided to carry out the procedure once I’m back from my trip on the basis my 660 is working ok right now & don’t want to bugger it up, as I most surely will!

Good plan never to do an update / map install / buggering around (on a device which works) just before departure.

Back
Top Bottom