Interesting - 1250 much smoother with aftermarket can

Yes I noticed the same on my 2008 GS a couple of years ago when I swapped the original wheelie bin sized can for a Scorpion. I was actually expecting more vibes through the pegs etc as the original can was rubber mounted and the Scorpion isn't, but sweet as a nut. But only with the "baffle" removed. With the baffle in, there is some vibration but not as bad as the original. Happy days :)

I thought the 1250 was the most smooth thing ever by previous reports.. and you've made it even smoother :bow

I had a 2018 E4 R1200RS for a short while which was extremely smooth with a very slick gearbox compared to my 2014 GS LC (with 2016 engine). My 1250 felt quite vibey in comparison with a notchy gearchange when new, but after a few thousand miles it became smooth like the RS and the gearbox also bedded in quite nicely.

Just put the Black Akra on mine this morning and it definitely feels less vibey not that it was an issue beforehand though. Super creamy now though :)

This is a very interesting read and I have a lot of vibration on my 1250 GSA as well.
The vibes are mainly on the right hand side, throttle and foot peg, and especially on engine braking after closing the throttle.
I’ve only done about 2000 miles so it’s probably still bedding in but it is a lot more than on my 1200.

I’ve considered getting an aftermarket exhaust and if others find that it could improve the vibes issue, then I’m sold on the idea.
Has anyone got the Remus Black Hawk, Arrow Maxi Race or the Leo Vince LV One Evo slip-on? These 3 are on my shortlist and I would appreciate any feedback.
I’m not interested in gaining extra HP or a mega loud exhaust, just a better “unmuffled” muffler :thumb

I have looked at others and quite like the Termis but they are silly money. Same with the Akra and I’m not too keen on its looks. The Akra Euro3/4 still sells for over £800.
The GPR looks a bit cheaply made and the Yoshimura looks good but too long in length. It looks out of proportion on the bike.

This is a very interesting read and I have a lot of vibration on my 1250 GSA as well.
The vibes are mainly on the right hand side, throttle and foot peg, and especially on engine braking after closing the throttle.
I’ve only done about 2000 miles so it’s probably still bedding in but it is a lot more than on my 1200.

I’ve considered getting an aftermarket exhaust and if others find that it could improve the vibes issue, then I’m sold on the idea.
Has anyone got the Remus Black Hawk, Arrow Maxi Race or the Leo Vince LV One Evo slip-on? These 3 are on my shortlist and I would appreciate any feedback.
I’m not interested in gaining extra HP or a mega loud exhaust, just a better “unmuffled” muffler :thumb

I have looked at others and quite like the Termis but they are silly money. Same with the Akra and I’m not too keen on its looks. The Akra Euro3/4 still sells for over £800.
The GPR looks a bit cheaply made and the Yoshimura looks good but too long in length. It looks out of proportion on the bike.

i have the Giannelli Maxi Oval which is the exact same as the Arrow Maxi Race. Same companies are Arrow and Giannelli
Great quality, sounds good and the baffle is dead easy to remove and reinstall as its just one large cir-clip

IMG-3139.jpg

i have the Giannelli Maxi Oval which is the exact same as the Arrow Maxi Race. Same companies are Arrow and Giannelli
Great quality, sounds good and the baffle is dead easy to remove and reinstall as its just one large cir-clip

IMG-3139.jpg

I was going to buy one of these, but the peeps on this forum told me not to waste my dosh :eek: (and remember you have to do as your told on here otherwise the natives get a bit edgy):green gri:D so i didnt :augie:D

£800 for a Euro 3/4? :eek:

I was offered the new style Akra for £630 delivered, back in March. ;)

Damn you for showing me this, there goes my budget :rob

They look bloody awesome and the power curves look much better then other aftermarket exhausts.
I can't find any UK dealers so I presume one can only order from SC Projects.

GS1250-Adventure-Grigio-Lato.jpg

STD-ADV-RACING-BMW-R1250GS-my-2019.jpg

Eye candy for some, and yes order direct they come from their own factory in Milan.

Damn you for showing me this, there goes my budget :rob

They look bloody awesome and the power curves look much better then other aftermarket exhausts.
I can't find any UK dealers so I presume one can only order from SC Projects.

GS1250-Adventure-Grigio-Lato.jpg

STD-ADV-RACING-BMW-R1250GS-my-2019.jpg

Can you get it without the hoofing great logo on it?

Back
Top Bottom