Auto Stop/start

It's nothing much to do with stop/start - it's about 'parking' with the engine running.

Dunno what Sheffield are doing extending the scheme, it's been the law everywhere in England since 2002 (check The Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002)

You’re on a mission :blast

See taking it the wrong way as usual, think logical for once Nutty, if a bike had stop and start, it would need to be tuned extremely well, so smooth take off everytime, for gods sake is the word tuning, so difficult for some to see on here.....:blast

See taking it the wrong way as usual, think logical for once Nutty, if a bike had stop and start, it would need to be tuned extremely well, so smooth take off everytime, for gods sake is the word tuning, so difficult for some to see on here.....:blast

That’s bollocks and you know it.

That’s bollocks and you know it.

Absolutely not Rich, I was just saying what would be required, you really need to be less twitchy, when the word tuning is mentioned, it is not a personal attack, the word does exist and can be used when talking about bikes, no reason to get wound up everytime, try to think of something else....:comfort we know you have spent a lot of money in this area, so accept others have the right to use the word, or will there be another section Taboo called tuning soon FFS.

Absolutely not Rich, I was just saying what would be required, you really need to be less twitchy, when the word tuning is mentioned, it is not a personal attack, the word does exist and can be used when talking about bikes, no reason to get wound up everytime, try to think of something else....:comfort we know you have spent a lot of money in this area, so accept others have the right to use the word, or will there be another section Taboo called tuning soon FFS.

So why would a bike need to be tuned in a specific way to handle being turned on and off then?

So why would a bike need to be tuned in a specific way to handle being turned on and off then?

Well in my opinion it would certainly affect the fuel, also the throttle would need to be spot on, not jumpy or jerky, and that is just my thoughts, I am sure some real experts will be along later to explain in depth, do you think this could be achieved without the ECU having some sort of special tuning, just think for a minute a bike has gears, it is not automatic like the scooters.

Another pointless exercise in wasting local taxpayers money much like the proliferation of 20mph signs.

I quite like it on mine now i have got used to it

Only a pain when you need to be a bit quick taking off from a roundabout but you can disable it anyway

may be overthinking Rick but had the option to have it on new car, but said no in the end, I could not imagine the wife stuck on a motorway or somewhere where cars had stopped, and the bugger did not start up, I need to feel the engine...........:D

Well in my opinion it would certainly affect the fuel, also the throttle would need to be spot on, not jumpy or jerky, and that is just my thoughts, I am sure some real experts will be along later to explain in depth, do you think this could be achieved without the ECU having some sort of special tuning, just think for a minute a bike has gears, it is not automatic like the scooters.

Why would the throttle be jumpy or jerky? Having stop start isn’t going to turn it into a bucking bronco. I turn my bike off if sat in roadworks or at a set of slow traffic lights, and the bike behaves the same as it always does.

I don't see why it would need to be any diferent to now other than a bigger battery for it to work properly. Heavier duty starter would be in order as well. Bike would start when you pull the clutch so I don't think throttle response has nothing to do with it.
Whether it is a good idea or not is something completely different and when euro 7 comes along will bikes still require the electric part!

Why would the throttle be jumpy or jerky? Having stop start isn’t going to turn it into a bucking bronco. I turn my bike off if sat in roadworks or at a set of slow traffic lights, and the bike behaves the same as it always does.

So you classify that as stop and start, it is not really and you know that.............there is a lot more involved, if that is your only answer Rich, best leave it to the experts, and that aint me, I just gave an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom