Time for a new battery....

Gecko

Reaction score
I put an Enersys Genesis G16 AGM battery into my R1100GS in January 2005 and paid the princely sum of Euro 99 for it. It's just now decided it's done enough and is beginning to weaken so time for a new one. Sadly can't find an exact replacement but I'm informed but the manufacturer the Odyssey PC680 is the replacement I need so for the somewhat increased amount of £141 I've got a new one tomorrow.
I reckon 15 years on the same battery isn't bad. Has anyone done better?

That's excellent!
I don't remember changing the battery on Rock3, so I'm assuming it lasted all the time I had that bike (about 12 years), but I'd have to check. That would have been an OE battery.

Odyssey on my bike has lasted ten years which ain’t bad in my book. Be happy if my new one does the same .......but fifteen years is pretty amazing :beerjug:

I’ve never replaced a battery in 20 years. Bar 1 in a 2year old bike which was under warranty and 1 in a r100/7. JJH

I’ve never replaced a battery in 20 years. Bar 1 in a 2year old bike which was under warranty and 1 in a r100/7. JJH

Didn’t quite finish my story. Had about 15 bikes though. JJH

Eight bikes in 45yrs and still have three.

Some people change for image, reliability problems, peer pressure, envy or just plain bank card fever.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

There’s some bikes I regret trading. But if I still had some of them there would be 200,000 miles on it by now. JJH

Back
Top Bottom