Centre Stand Locking Mod

Guys/Gals, with the kind blessing of fred_jb I would like to take this on, on this forum. Tbf Fred_jb has spoken to me, with a view to doing just such a thing but at the time all I could see was issues (and it was a long time ago) so I`m going to put my big boy trousers on (with Fred`s blessing of course) and see if I can come up with a commercially viable product and service!

Mark
Cymarcbikeparts

Guys/Gals, with the kind blessing of fred_jb I would like to take this on, on this forum. Tbf Fred_jb has spoken to me, with a view to doing just such a thing but at the time all I could see was issues (and it was a long time ago) so I`m going to put my big boy trousers on (with Fred`s blessing of course) and see if I can come up with a commercially viable product and service!

Mark
Cymarcbikeparts
Thanks,

I'm sure in your usual inimitable way, you will solve the problem.

Look forward to seeing it on the market.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks,

I'm sure in your usual inimitable way, you will solve the problem.

Look forward to seeing it on the market.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks pal I’ll do my best to a) make him proud and b) come up with a viable solution as, personally speaking, I do think it’s a fantastic idea!

And if it is, with my resources, I really should be getting on with it - anything to slow down the thieving scum out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps an exchange basis Mark?
Same way the car manufacturers do certain things?
Stand to you and the modified, powdercoated one back?

Exactly what I was thinking of - I`ve just removed my mainstand to start on the job but yes it would be on an exchange basis, it`ll also help with turnround and yerah powdercoated in satin black I think - or gloss....... not sure on that yet.

I`m trying to come up with a `common` hole size for the padlock as they may differ. I guess if I go for what the lads think then it should cover most (common) padlocks eh?

Well if you decide to start a list of names interested in this modification you can put me down. :thumb2

Well if you decide to start a list of names interested in this modification you can put me down. :thumb2

Many thanks pal. I tend to advertise progress on our Facebook page (imaginatively called cymarcbikeparts :)

Nonetheless I thank you for your kind support of what I do!

Mark
Cymarcbikeparts

I would be very happy to see you have a go at this Mark, so you definitely have my blessing!

Fred

Exactly what I was thinking of - I`ve just removed my mainstand to start on the job but yes it would be on an exchange basis, it`ll also help with turnround and yerah powdercoated in satin black I think - or gloss....... not sure on that yet.

I`m trying to come up with a `common` hole size for the padlock as they may differ. I guess if I go for what the lads think then it should cover most (common) padlocks eh?

Good idea. As the hole size is critical to reducing the amount the stand can move when locked, then I think it will be essential to standardise on one size to get a nice tight fit, or at least as tight as possible given that the lock bar is curved at the point it goes through the bracket For what it's worth I used the Oxford Monster lock and found that fitted well, and is quite slim so unlikely to foul on other bits of the bike, but I'm sure most locks would fit.

When you’re ready ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok thanks pal, when I think I’ve got something for the lads to see I’ll post a brand new thread for maximum exposure if you could keep an eye out for that please?

Back
Top Bottom