The B500 is shite....

Wapping

Reaction score
I read it here.

As an alternative, here’s an interesting 630 km (400 mile) route instead, courtesy of Tourenfahrer magazine.

1beefa508212501902483505ed99d9d2.jpg

Yep, rode the B500 on Monday, and agree that is is shit. But, that is only because of the 70kmh speed limits. If it wasn’t so strangled, it would be cracking.

Agreed, its a long way to go for roads with such restrictive speed limits, though I understand why! That trip helped grow my tally of overseas speeding tickets! Wapping's suggested trip looks good but I still don't think there are many places which beat the west coast of Scotland for awesome riding...

I spent a day in that area last month - did the bit from Freiburg down to Todtmoos and then a loop around Schluchsee & Titisee

Ahmen brother. Where is Smogbob when you need him? :D

He is here and for once agrees, B500 is shite, full of radars, and crotch rockets falling off their bikes, that 630 km tour is a nice one, and plenty to see it is my local area.............:D

The magazine hasn’t yet loaded the route onto its website. Whilst anyone with a bit of imagination could probably work out the details from the map in post #1, I’ll load the magazine’s efforts when I find them.

Go straight to post #18

For anyone taking a trip to ROTHAUS it is the beer museum and factory, you have a nice place to eat and listen to music outside also in the summer, nice flat parking.......:beerjug: Blauen is also nice, it has a hotel restaurant and big parking, tight roads to get up there, be careful of mountain bikes riding down, once up there great views right across the Vosges in France and all the way to Switzerland on a clear day, Feldberg be careful it can get bloody cold up there, be ready for quite a few degrees less, and snow often at certain times in the year Springtime. and late Autumn.

Splendid news. My youngest has just agreed to a year as an au pair in Mulhouse...I can see many different routes to visit him right there :beerjug:

That looks a cracking route and nice and quiet compared to the usual suspects. I'm going to have to take a look at that one.

Agreed, its a long way to go for roads with such restrictive speed limits, though I understand why! That trip helped grow my tally of overseas speeding tickets! Wapping's suggested trip looks good but I still don't think there are many places which beat the west coast of Scotland for awesome riding...

That's hilarious , no traffic limits up there is there , or congestion for that matter , and such sublime tarmac as well to compliment the weather. :blagblah

Splendid news. My youngest has just agreed to a year as an au pair in Mulhouse...I can see many different routes to visit him right there :beerjug:

Make sure you allocate at least half a day to visit the Schlumpf Collection in Mulhouse - petrol head heaven.

Wapping, thanks for the above link and the Malaga area one, is it possible that website available translated into English anyway on it ? Quite fancy having a look around it

Wapping, thanks for the above link and the Malaga area one, is it possible that website available translated into English anyway on it ? Quite fancy having a look around it
If you use Chrome on a tablet or laptop it will automatically give you the option to translate

Back
Top Bottom