Gspd logbooks

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve got a 93 model and looking at the logbook it just says R100gs . Is this normal ? Does your Pd say Pd on the logbook? The frame number is a pd number and I’m confident it’s proper one. What say you :confused::beerjug:

Plastic tanks were not legal back in the eighties I think, would that have had an effect on it? That the model wasnt considered compliant with rules so was an R100Gs and the new owner had to figure out the upgade on the side?

Likely an Import would be registered in that fashion as anything I have come across has just said R XXX GS RS RT never any changes in special models but an import allows the new owner to specify the model

Likely an Import would be registered in that fashion as anything I have come across has just said R XXX GS RS RT never any changes in special models but an import allows the new owner to specify the model
I think that you are correct. Mine is an import.

And mine just says BMW R80 (for my g/s).

I wouldn't overthink it - it would have been the person registering it at the time many moons ago (usually but not always the dealer) - whatever they put on the form would have been what the DVLA entered into the system. Some people gave the full model designate, some didn't. Simple as that.

My V5 says R80GS.
But on the bmw sales receipt it says R80GSPD.

Resurrected this old thread..Having just bought a R100GS PD; for the record it states exactly that on the V5..A UK bike originally purchased from Windy Corner..:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom