Gs1150 thoughts

Deleted account 190928001

Reaction score
Well i took one of them for a ride and i love it. But i would love to hear the views on experienced riders/owners on the following points. I found it hard to have smooth up or down gear changing but suspect i am not used to the amount of engine breaking nor the sharp small pedal on left toe. I felt very leaning forward, like going downhill and pillion pushing into me. Maybe the handlbar risers help? Finally am not sure of the comfort of the adventure one piece seat. I think there are better options?

Looking forward to any constructive views.

It’s a different clutch arrangement to most Jap bikes and does take some getting used to; although if problems persist it’s usually the gear linkage that’s full of shite. The seats generally have some adjustment, check that make sure the front wasn’t in the low position.

You can get a Touratech gear leaver which is highly adjustable.

Also, you can get the gearbox rebuilt (see Mikeyboy on here). He did mine and I don't use the clutch from 2nd up and it's as smooth as can be.

You can rotate the bars towards you, to save you reaching, or get some Rox Risers which not only lift the bars, but you can also angle them to suit. If you fundamentally like the bike, the niggles can be ironed out.

Oh, and get your pillion to lean back a bit!!

I love mine. It's great. :thumby:

Mine being rebuilt.

What have you come from OP? What bikes have you ridden as reference?

Link to somewhere that has stock?

Been looking for one - new or used - for a while.

To be honest, I ordered it and they took the money, then emailed me to say that they'd send it when they had them.

It took about 2 or 3 months if I remember correctly. (I can't believe I spelled lever incorrectly)

TT IRL have no stock and say TT Germany have none and aren't making any more.

Grrr.

Boo, I must have had one of the ones from the last batch then.

That's a shame, they are very good. :comfort

Also, you can get the gearbox rebuilt (see Mikeyboy on here). He did mine and I don't use the clutch from 2nd up and it's as smooth as can be.

You can rotate the bars towards you, to save you reaching, or get some Rox Risers which not only lift the bars, but you can also angle them to suit. If you fundamentally like the bike, the niggles can be ironed out.

Oh, and get your pillion to lean back a bit!!

I love mine. It's great. :thumby:

Mine being rebuilt.

Great tebuild thread. Thanks

Dirtier. (don't tell Mikeyboy)

Still goes well. Now with a Stage 10 chip in it. It's a long distance lovely.

You may have seen it at Dent, but not realised who's it was,

I feel very lucky with the bikes I have.

The point of posting the thread was to show the OP that once you find the bike, anything can be done to it to make it yours. Just takes a bit of time and money, and a good mechanic/engineer if you can't do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom