Spot vs In reach mini

Anthony Byrne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking up some reviews from the SPOT Gen3 and terrible feedback regarding customer service and price plans increasing year after year.

Anyone use one or the in reach mini? Are they any good ie have they worked when you tried them.

Thanks

I've literally just bought a second hand (mint condition) Garmin Inreach Explorer Plus... for £280 delivered. Pretty much the same price as a new Inreach Mini.

I asked the seller to follow the Garmin process to cancel the service and disassociate the device IMEI Number from his account, which he did, and then factory reset the device.

Got it the other day and set up my own account on it, without any trouble. Works great, tested the text messages which went through quickly.

All my emergency contacts are in it, it's connected to my Smartphone Contacts list via Bluetooth. All done.

Signed up for the £14.99 per month basic plan which I'll suspend throughout the year during months of no travel off-road. Cost me £25 per year to keep my account active.

I didn't pay for the $100,000 Rescue insurance as I'm mostly in the UK. But I will reconsider this again when travelling abroad on bike. Only costs £19.99 per year.

Attachments

• Inreach Explorer 3.jpg
    Inreach Explorer 3.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Inreach Explorer 4.jpg
    Inreach Explorer 4.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 62

Back
Top Bottom