I need help in Katovice with my R1100GS

Pekkavee

Reaction score
My clutch is broken. Or possibly only the thrust piston. Is there anybody in Katovice Poland who could help me. I am now 12.7.2019 in Katovice camping place.

I'm not so familiar with the 1100, but isn't they cable operated? And sue they not prove to the lever on the back of the gearbox braking? Is that what's happened?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1. Has the cable broken?

2. As Eel suggests, is the actuating lever at the back of the gearbox still in one piece?

If the answer to those questions is No and Yes then it sounds like a gearbox out job. Someone may know of a shop or an enthusiast in Poland who can help you fix it. Failing that, you may have to use your breakdown / repatriation cover. If you have it.

The cable is not broken. The lever is not broken either because it is now steel. I still believe it is the clutch actuator parts behind the gearbox.

so here's the diagram

Is it possible that the adjuster has stripped its threads? If it's not that then it has to be something inside the clutch? Maybe the bearing plate in the clutch diaphragm has collapsed?

The main thing is that if all the external things are working OK, it's a gearbox out job to check on the internals. Dropping the starter motor might allow you to have a look?

My clutch is broken. Or possibly only the thrust piston. Is there anybody in Katovice Poland who could help me. I am now 12.7.2019 in Katovice camping place.

It would be a great help knowing what actually is the fecking problem ?

Can't disengage clutch, no lever pressure/floppy lever ????? go on, give us a clue ?

The cable is not broken. The lever is not broken either because it is now steel. I still believe it is the clutch actuator parts behind the gearbox.
Hmmm....ok. so I think Steptoe has asked the right question.

What precisely is the problem?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom