New bike bought :)

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
New to me anyway .. 67 plate TE... with all the bits...
Its somewhere I didn't want to go on a keeper... but looks like I'm going there anyway :)
But at least I get 2 years warranty etc... coming Friday :)

Attachments

• 20190713_110516.jpg
    20190713_110516.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 1,696
Nice one beaver is it with or without TFT, I have the same 05/2017 but no TFT everything else is brilliant..............:beerjug:

cheers both,.. the box on the old one was not 100%.. so may as well let them have it back...
3rd time lucky in the GS world.. lets hope this is a good one!!

No TFT (which I'm not bothered about TBH as I can change the screen on this to display speed :) )... it has the hill assist and the gear chang gizzmo....

But it will be a whole new world from my base model to this spec...

I have a nav mount that was not on the last one.. so need something for that... do you know what model of nav will fit it?... older, cheaper the better ;)

And it has comoft seats?... so guess all I need to do now is start pulling all the 'stuff' off of my old one :eek:

Nav IV , V or VI will fit

IV is the cheapest £200 or so V is about £300 or so VI is about £400 or so

IV will not work with the thumbwheel V & VI will ifaik

I have an IV up for grabs if your interested

Garmin Zumo 660 will fit the bracket but you won't be able to use the thumb wheel to use it hands free.

How much did you pay for the bike? Just interested as I have the same and am toying with getting an FJR1300.

cheers both,.. the box on the old one was not 100%.. so may as well let them have it back...
3rd time lucky in the GS world.. lets hope this is a good one!!

No TFT (which I'm not bothered about TBH as I can change the screen on this to display speed :) )... it has the hill assist and the gear chang gizzmo....

But it will be a whole new world from my base model to this spec...

I have a nav mount that was not on the last one.. so need something for that... do you know what model of nav will fit it?... older, cheaper the better ;)

And it has comoft seats?... so guess all I need to do now is start pulling all the 'stuff' off of my old one :eek:

Nice one you got a goldilocks bike, as for that hill assist, as soon as you get it go practice alone on a place with no traffic, just slight hill is enough, give the front brake a good sharp squeeze and you will see the H light come on in the dashboard, to drive away you need to give it a bit of throttle more than necessary otherwise you will stall, once you have done it a few times it gets easier, and obviously 2 up more throttle needed, and if you have put it in Hill assist and you want to cancel it, just give the brake another good squeeze back you will feel the click, it is really useful 2 up and fully loaded sitting on a mountain pass waiting for trains buses and cows to go by, I love it.

Garmin Zumo 660 will fit the bracket but you won't be able to use the thumb wheel to use it hands free.

How much did you pay for the bike? Just interested as I have the same and am toying with getting an FJR1300.

Thanks all...

For the bike?.. its all relative I guess.. they gave me in PX what I paid for my bike 18 months ago?.. so got £8K for that.. I got this one down to £12250... so £4250 to change?

in reality, my old bike was worth about £6500 I'd say... so knock that off of the over inflated price?... no idea why they do this as it makes them look too expensive and if you came to the party without a PX you'd be paying far too much for them... but if they also inflate the price of your PX, its swings and rounderbouts.

So for £4250.. I get 12000 miles less on the clock, full warranty for 2 years and Euro recovery, newer bike obviously, much improved spec.. and a new back tyre (my old one had about 500 miles left in it)... appeared okay to me anyway, and they are servicing it with the next one free also.. :)

This bike has just over 6K on it... I went to look at a 4K bike... what a mess :( why do people treat them like this... poor thing must have been left to rot....

First job.. get the shaft out :)

Thanks all...

For the bike?.. its all relative I guess.. they gave me in PX what I paid for my bike 18 months ago?.. so got £8K for that.. I got this one down to £12250... so £4250 to change?

in reality, my old bike was worth about £6500 I'd say... so knock that off of the over inflated price?... no idea why they do this as it makes them look too expensive and if you came to the party without a PX you'd be paying far too much for them... but if they also inflate the price of your PX, its swings and rounderbouts.

So for £4250.. I get 12000 miles less on the clock, full warranty for 2 years and Euro recovery, newer bike obviously, much improved spec.. and a new back tyre (my old one had about 500 miles left in it)... appeared okay to me anyway, and they are servicing it with the next one free also.. :)

Nice deal indeed, just ask them to flash the latest software on the bike it only takes them 5 mins with your bike and is free.

And aint ever getting TFT for 3 hour software upgrades.............:jes
You've chosen to not have TFT because the software can take up to 3 hrs ?
One service per year. ........ really lol

Nice deal indeed, just ask them to flash the latest software on the bike it only takes them 5 mins with your bike and is free.

Well, it appeared a good deal... so fingers crossed.. its a good e'n... have to see what this ESA is all about LOL :D

Its actualy a 1200 GS Exclusive TE?.. what ever that is... about £50 more on the insurance no doubt...

Well, it appeared a good deal... so fingers crossed.. its a good e'n... have to see what this ESA is all about LOL :D

Its actualy a 1200 GS Exclusive TE?.. what ever that is... about £50 more on the insurance no doubt...

Magic carpet...........and good thing now is, you got 2 year warranty..

yes.. and after 2 years you can extend it... might be a good idea me thinks

yes.. and after 2 years you can extend it... might be a good idea me thinks

I extended it but it does not cover the shocks, however good thing is DenzO of this parish has cracked how to fix them now, for the just in case scenario......:D

well, the box on my 2015 was rough, and getting rougher!...

I did ask about the shocks at the dealers, and they said you can now get them re-worked for £150?.. no idea if its true or not?.. but the place in Keighley does them and they are local... :)

my friend has one,exactly the same as yours OP, We have just done a 2100 mile ride to Switzerland ,and the Black forest. His bike performed faultlessly. Get a Nav V min on it so you can use the wonder wheel to operate. Ride it and enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom