Do you own an Africa Twin? Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks chaps, some good points made, I need to find 2018> manual and DCT models and test both back to back.

Cheers.

I'm likely selling my ATAS DCT any time soon if you're interested, currently 6k on it but will be above 8 within the next couple weeks as I'm away on it then it's time to go.

Ball park figure for KAIS tuning/sorting your suspension ?

Sorry Davy, only just saw this. Cost me £50 at KAIS to get set up. As it came out of the box I had no confidence in it. The rear would squat on every bend whereas the forks felt about right, and it only started to feel better if you pressed on and rode it harder, oddly enough. As I was heading out for a week around the Alps, with hundreds of hairpins, I really wanted to get the handling more or less dialled in so went to KAIS after recommendations amongst the AT massive. Now it just does what I ask of it, it handled great on the alpine roads which is a real test for a bike. Only thing I would have changed in hindsight is the tyres. The OE Dunlops are black and round and that's about it. They feel very wooden and don't give you that sense of having lots of grip. They've only slid a few times, and they didn't miss a beat in Slovenia when I found myself riding at dry road pace before realising the road was still wet! :D But as soon as the fecking things square off a bit they're getting replaced with something else, not sure what yet though.

I'm likely selling my ATAS DCT any time soon if you're interested, currently 6k on it but will be above 8 within the next couple weeks as I'm away on it then it's time to go.

Thanks, I bought a KTM 1190 Adv last Saturday :D

Thanks, I bought a KTM 1190 Adv last Saturday :D

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom