Ambassador.

k80matey

I'm too poor to buy rubbish.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A few small changes since I got it late last year. The Davida decals gone from the forks, black and white grips fitted, new solo seat, R/H battery cover sourced from the States, cleaned up and painted. Took me 8 month to find it. They are v expensive! Mudguard reflectors fitted front and rear. These are copies as originals are about £15 each. I fitted all four for less than that. Decals cut from a 700 set. I would have liked to have fitted the correct style for the bike but they were going to cost around £90. No guarantee that they wouldn't crumble. These will do fine.
I have the original fairing and screen. I also have the Wixom bags and frames. I'd like to fit these but there would be no way everything would fit in the garage. There's six bikes in there.
I'd like to have the front crashbars and the rack powder coated silver, the starter button has been mounted on a bracket near the starter itself. It should be on the handlebars. I found the bracket needed, again in the States and have mounted it. Just need to run the wiring. I'd like to fit another gangster tyre but that will have to wait.
Other than that, I'll just run it as it is.

Attachments

• DSCF8205 (1).jpg
    DSCF8205 (1).jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 409
Sorry for the delay, medical matters took priority!
Anyway, here's a few more pics as promised.

Attachments

• DSC06208.jpg
    DSC06208.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC06209.jpg
    DSC06209.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC06210.jpg
    DSC06210.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC06211.jpg
    DSC06211.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC06206.jpg
    DSC06206.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 177
A few more.

Attachments

• DSC06197.jpg
    DSC06197.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC06216.jpg
    DSC06216.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC06218.jpg
    DSC06218.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 215
Beautiful.

Just the right amount of patina, not restored to within an inch of it's life and I really like the paint on that :)

Andres

Beautiful.

Just the right amount of patina, not restored to within an inch of it's life and I really like the paint on that :)

Andres

Difficult to tell from the (not very good) pics but the orange is actually tape! P. O.’s work. When I first got it I was quite keen to take it back to stock. Now I’ve had it almost a year and I love it just the way it is.
It was imported from Colorado hence the colour. It also had a wild bee nest under the nacelle when it got to the UK, which is why there’s a model of a bee stuck to the speedo and a hand painted bee on each of the toolbox covers. I have the Colorado licence plate too which was mounted on the rear rack. I’ve taken it off for now but will probably put it back. She makes a glorious sound as well!

Back
Top Bottom