Numb hands within an hour, don't want to have to sell my GS!

Risers helped me. I’ve also fitted a friction lock on the throttle so I can give my right hand a wiggle.

Go and speak to the GP and see if you can get tested for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This would at least rule this out.

My CT was causing no end of issues on certain bikes and my enjoyment of riding hugely increased after surgery.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Good advice here. It's highly likely to be CTS. I suffered with it for years without realising then, last year it kicked in big time and
i was in agony with it, couldn't go to bed for a couple of weeks hands were on fire from the trapped nerves. Paid private in the
end just to get shut of the pain and get on with my life. Taken a long while for the surgery sites to settle but now, no numb hands :D

In the past I have found glove size have given me numbness, putting gloves on too tight, having an issue with my neck.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Funnily enough I had fairly bad wrist and hand pain over the weekend, this was after a couple of bicycle rides and I sometimes get numb hands during a ride too.

I did break my right wrist about 4 years ago and apparently this is more likely to cause CT problems.

I have a doctors appointment after work so will see what they say, I have been wearing my old wrist brace overnight to try and ease the pain but I would much rather have the OP and be done with it so hopefully they will take it seriously.

I know you have got loads of things to try here already and I had the same issue with my 2008 GS which I have had for nearly 4 years now. It is the first BM I have had after nearly 40 years of riding mostly in-line 4 cyl Jap bikes, so I thought it was just normal. Fitted grip puppies which helped a little bit but just accepted it for what it was until I took the standard can off to fit a Scorpion can without even thinking about the vibration problem, and the vibration disappeared! From memory it was at about 75mph, annoyingly the usual speed on motorways, and even now if I put the "baffle" (decibel killer or whatever it is called this week) back in, the vibration comes back so I can only put it down to a back pressure interference? Not saying a can will cure yours but if you're going to put one on anyway (if it hasn't already got one) you might find that will cure some or all of it :) Good luck. Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my K1300 for these reasons, its BMW they use the wrong size grips.

They are thinner than any Japanese manufacturer has ever used. On the GS the riding position is not too bad, so the effects of fitting the wrong size is less obvious. On a K1300 its awful and of course it means there's less rubber to absorb the vibrations, but it the thinness that the bigger driver of the hell it causes

More good suggestions, definitively things I can look into thank you!

The dr says could be either CT or a more general nerve problem, got a blood test next week to rule out any other underlying cause. Apparently CT only affects the thumb and first two fingers, so I've got to find out if it's all my digits and my wrists just a few.

Got some Davida gauges and connected them up after a little wander today. They are a little out so will repeat the process again soon and adjust.

I’ve had issues when I had my 1100s tried everything to make make it more comfortable as my two outer fingers started to go numb and I lost muscle/ thickness between thumb and forefinger, went for tests and it was an ulna nerve issue, had both nerves re-routed then had tests for CT as well and ended up with both being done, didn’t help with the 1100s so I got the GS, probably should have done that in the first place!!

Al.

Back
Top Bottom