Tyre advise - re sizing

keithquad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
About to go to Spain to do partof the TET - wide on a GS700 (me on GS1200) I'd like to try the Mitchelin Anakee Adventure (front & rear fit the 1200).
The rear should be a 140/80/17, they only have 150/70/17 QUESTION - has anyone put the 150/70/17 on it before OR
what other 80/20 (Road off road) tyre have you been using.
Weve used Mitas E7 before & that faired OK - other thoughts?

Micheldever Tyres informed me that 150/70/17 should fit the F700. I queried this with BMW, their helpful response was "ask your local dealer". CW Service Department have told me they did not think there was space and it would not sit on the rim.

Michelin have given a variety of answers to the question when will the 140/80/17 be available; "later in the year", "1 August" and "that size will not be produced".

I appreciate the above doesn't assist you at all, but you are not alone in wishing to use the Michelin Adventure and are unable to purchase the correct tyre size.

:nenauIs it worth asking if they’ll do a sale provided it fits and if not then perhaps pay for the fitting with the hope they can resell if it doesn’t? I’m sure the tyre would sell on here quickly enough if it didn’t and they don’t..

Can you not get an idea of clearance by looking having a close look around the areas where the clearances would be tight. At a guess a 150/70 has a slightly smaller diameter than a 140/80 so it’s only the sides you need to worry about. JJH

QUESTION - has anyone put the 150/70/17 on it before

I fitted this size on my 650 - did change the road handling of it, made it a bit arse heavy and slower to turn, despite the slightly smaller overall height.
Stick out for a 140/80.

Back
Top Bottom