Single spark 1150GSA with enduro gearbox (low 6th)

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes or no answers will suffice.

Would it be beneficial or cost effective to do any upgrading such as exhaust system, eprom chip, air filter, power commander, etc?

In normal mode, acceleration is minimal and even at 70mph, engine is around 4,500rpm.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Of course, noticeable improvements plus all that weight on the Cat, mine shifts!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Lennies Rocket Sprockets
Leo Vance exhaust with no cat
completly transformed mine, used to start to struggle at about 140km/hr, now it keeps pulling!
too fast for Queensland!

It’s a large heavy twin cylinder motorcycle that’s at least 15 old, a single spark 17+ years old and very crude. . All the “tuning” and go faster parts move the “power band” up the rev range and leave a big flat spot in the torque curve, usually requiring more revs to achieve very very little power gain. You’ll convince yourself that it must be faster as you’ve chucked a load of money at it, and just listen to the sound it now makes.......You’ll have a motor cycle that certainly sounds faster, but is more tiring to ride over long distances and a shorter clutch life. Save your money, don’t waste it trying to polish an old but lovely overweight turd. Just enjoy it for what it is. :D

Yes or no answers will suffice.

Would it be beneficial or cost effective to do any upgrading such as exhaust system, eprom chip, air filter, power commander, etc?

In normal mode, acceleration is minimal and even at 70mph, engine is around 4,500rpm.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Just buy Ohlins or Wilbers suspension front and rear, that'll make you and the bike go 10-20% faster

Better than fucking about the with the engine, as Steptoe says

Both my 1150's are bog standard, even running the Cat................but what they do have.............. is a beautifully tuned chassis

The surest way to make your bike go faster is to improve your riding skills.

But it will take some effort...

I had two 1150's across a 10 year period and loved them to bits at the time and did a few things to them. The replies above pretty much sum up my views too as I tried a few of them myself..

Cat removal - easy and cheap to do with this bike by fitting a Y piece. Saves a load of weight on paper that you wont even notice in reality but both my bikes did feel marginally more responsive with this done.

End can change - mine went better with std can - more midrange than with a louder aftermarket one.

Suspension - best mod I did, I just put wilbers on the back, left the front std.. Had I had more funds would have done front too...

I've recently got myself an 1100. I'll be keeping the engine std...

Back
Top Bottom