Euro 4 ?

Pentremorgan3

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2016 1200 GS , build date 5/09/2016 , trying to decide if
This is a 2017 model year bike and Euro 4 and updated gearbox etc , from what I have read one of the model year changes is reflectors on lower front forks which my bike has ,any info would be great

Thank you.

Sounds like it alright. Have the clocks got the blue characters??

Not sure about euro4 but it certainly sounds like a 2017 model.

Sent from a U11

March '17 onwards have updated body work and quick shifter as std, I thought thats when the upgraded gearbox was introduced.
I have been known to be wrong though.

As I understand it, after the summer holidays, when everyone returns to the mothership, they start building next year's models, so a September 2016 bike is a 2017 model, up until the following August.

Unless anyone else knows different ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

As I understand it, after the summer holidays, when everyone returns to the mothership, they start building next year's models, so a September 2016 bike is a 2017 model, up until the following August.

Unless anyone else knows different ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That is normally the case, but for the the 2017 model year there was a second revision in March 2017, often referred to as the 2017.5 release. The Sept 2016 onwards bikes were Euro 4 compliant, and I believe also got the shock damper in the transmission and the revised gearbox. There were no bodywork revisions compared to the previous year, but these bikes can be distinguished by the reflectors on the fork legs and also the blue line on the instruments.

The March 2017 bike got some bodywork changes, notably the radiator covers, and perhaps more importantly got the new generation ESA with the auto adjusting preload.

Back
Top Bottom