RT-P RHS switch gear light switch! Help?

Steviej4558

Reaction score
Hi everyone recently bought a 2009 RT-P and there is an added light switch on the RHS switch gear? Does it do anything?

Thanks in advance for your help gents

Pic might help. We have two 2007 RTPs, on the right cluster is Rear Blue, Rear Read and Rear Red sign. There was also a switch to switch off the headlight and rear lights when the engine is running.

On a 2010 RTP, there was a circular cluster of two switches, which were rear Blues.

Hi everyone recently bought a 2009 RT-P and there is an added light switch on the RHS switch gear? Does it do anything?

Thanks in advance for your help gents

As Casbar said, the pre-TC's had a "lights off" switch on the right side. Useful for trundling around industrial estates at night...............

On my 2008 ex Scottish Ambulance Paramedic RT-P, there were two switch boxes on the RHS, each with two switches.
The lower one had two emergency lights switches and the top one had the ASC button and the lights off button.
I took the switch boxes apart and fitted the ASC and lights off switches into the lower box.
I would have added a picture but not sure how or if I am allowed to.

One of mine had a switch to kill the unnecessary lights completely and, I assume, only leave the blues operational to protect the battery. Basically it switched off the headlight and tail light.

One of mine had a switch to kill the unnecessary lights completely and, I assume, only leave the blues operational to protect the battery. Basically it switched off the headlight and tail light.

The "blues" are powered by the second battery. As they are LED's they'll will run for hours, literally, but even if they totally flattened the second battery, it won't effect the starting of the bike, or the "normal" lights. The point of the switch you refer to was to allow the lights to be switched off, so the rider & machine can sit in darkness if required.

Stealth mode... didn't think of that.
The bike's I converted were 2007-8 vintage and still on halogen bulbs. Those twin headlights soon dragged the battery down. The LEDs probably help a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom