BMW charger

Stevie900

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve got the bmw charger but the lead to the auxiliary socket is very short and I don’t like hanging the charger in the bike with the Velcro strap provided.

Does anyone know where I could get an extension cable from?

Steve

Possible solution

I’ve got the bmw charger but the lead to the auxiliary socket is very short and I don’t like hanging the charger in the bike with the Velcro strap provided.

Steve

Hi Steve, I mounted mine off the ceiling on a piece of wood so its just at the right height to connect straight into the bike. This way you just need to extend the mains cable to the ceiling, only good though if you always park the bike in the same place!!

Hope this helps

Ali

Steve

You probably have to make up your own extension lead.

The male plugs are quite easy to get, while the tricky part is to get hold of the female socket.

Perhaps this company may be of help.

https://www.amazon.com/MERIT-Inline-Female-Socket-Connector/product-reviews/B01BPBYV34/

I find it long enough to get from the wall of the garage where the charger affixes to, to the bike socket. No problems. If you want it longer the answer really couldn't be simpler. Cut the cable and use either a block connector or solder an extension of suitable wire thickness and sheath rating for the amperage/voltage, and attach the cut end with male connector on the end, ensuring polarity is correct. If you solder the extension, just ensure that you slip some heatshrink tubing over the joint.

Back
Top Bottom