Intelligent Emergency Call

BigAl&Andri

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm a 'mature' (as in 'elderly') returner to biking and the forum. 1250 GS Exclusive TE is on order for September delivery.

I'm cogitating as to whether to add the Intelligent Emergency Call system for another £305!

What's your thoughts?

Al

I dropped my bike by accident and it dialled the emergency line. Didn't need their assistance but can imagine if I was in a bad way or non responsive they would be able to request an ambulance and give my exact location.

I wouldn't care if it wasn't there but quite like the thought of it being there however my wife is very happy it was there and wouldn't want me to be without it if a changed bikes.

Anyone else had an accident with it on? Did they send an ambulance? Would be interested to know what their capabilities are.

Don't know the full capabilities of the system in terms of the emergency services but I've come off the road with it and had it activate by counting down on the dash. I managed to stop it before it went through to them, thankfully, but it reiterated to me how the system may well have been able to save me if the crash had been serious.

I'm a 'mature' (as in 'elderly') returner to biking and the forum. 1250 GS Exclusive TE is on order for September delivery.

I'm cogitating as to whether to add the Intelligent Emergency Call system for another £305!

What's your thoughts?

Al

Are you going to go abroad? You can also use it to call for help in the event of a breakdown across the EU for the duration of the warranty. £100 a year for EU wide breakdown cover and you can get through to someone who speaks your language and (hopefully) understands your vehicle. That convinced me to go for it.

Are you going to go abroad? You can also use it to call for help in the event of a breakdown across the EU for the duration of the warranty. £100 a year for EU wide breakdown cover and you can get through to someone who speaks your language and (hopefully) understands your vehicle. That convinced me to go for it.
Is that £100 per year after the warranty period or additional from day 1? I bought my bike new with this but don't know if I have the EU breakdown as you've mentioned.

i had it on a 850GSA, the system tried to make a call twice and both times failed. i assumed it was due to been in woodlands with little signal though

Is that £100 per year after the warranty period or additional from day 1? I bought my bike new with this but don't know if I have the EU breakdown as you've mentioned.

No £100 per year mentioned to me when I picked up my new bike, and I have full BMW Rescue for 3 years, so that must be after the warranty runs out, then I assume you would need BMW Insured warranty, so is there an additional £100 on top of that?

Ok, I think I get the £100 a year, that is a £100 a year if you buy the on call as it cost £300.

But you do get 3 years of EU BMW rescue with the bike. After the 3 years, I'm not sure if there is a cost to still have the on call active, guess there must be.

I dropped my bike by accident and it dialled the emergency line. Didn't need their assistance but can imagine if I was in a bad way or non responsive they would be able to request an ambulance and give my exact location.

I wouldn't care if it wasn't there but quite like the thought of it being there however my wife is very happy it was there and wouldn't want me to be without it if a changed bikes.

Anyone else had an accident with it on? Did they send an ambulance? Would be interested to know what their capabilities are.

Have been called out to several BMWs cars and bikes this year whos system had been activated. Straight to scene every time.

i had it on a 850GSA, the system tried to make a call twice and both times failed. i assumed it was due to been in woodlands with little signal though

Yes, I believe it comes up with a message on the screen if no connection can be made.

Have been called out to several BMWs cars and bikes this year whos system had been activated. Straight to scene every time.
So reassuring. Thank you.

Ok, I think I get the £100 a year, that is a £100 a year if you buy the on call as it cost £300.

But you do get 3 years of EU BMW rescue with the bike. After the 3 years, I'm not sure if there is a cost to still have the on call active, guess there must be.

Yeah that’s what I meant. £300 for it (the sos button) as an extra which over 3 years is £100 a year. The accident detection side of things stays good for life, but the breakdown cover included in the warranty will run out so you’d lose the breakdown advantage. Still doesn’t seem bad to me in the grand scheme of how much the bike is anyway. I went for the sos button on the new gsa I picked up a couple of weeks a go. Try not to go mad waiting for the bike - it’s worth the wait!!

Back
Top Bottom