Decision to be made?

PAL55

Reaction score
I've had my RT 1200 for 18 months now, and it's a fantastic bike. However, having always had adventure bikes the craving never leaves me. I rode the 1250 GS yesterday, lots of fun, great bike!! Now I have to decide, do I change back to a GS?

I met a guy of 74 outside Riders in Cardiff last year (when they still existed) who was on his third RT - great bike he said but he had a GS for riding with his mates on the twisties in mid-Wales. So there you are, have both....

Or maybe a small-ish KTM or something to satisfy those cravings?

(I'm 70 and he inspired me to change my RS to an RT - but a smaller bike would be nice for those odd days....)

I met a guy of 74 outside Riders in Cardiff last year (when they still existed) who was on his third RT - great bike he said but he had a GS for riding with his mates on the twisties in mid-Wales. So there you are, have both....

Or maybe a small-ish KTM or something to satisfy those cravings?

(I'm 70 and he inspired me to change my RS to an RT - but a smaller bike would be nice for those odd days....)

Well having 2 bikes as nice as it sounds is not possible for me!! So still weighing things up, pro's and cons.

If you have the dosh change it for the GS. After resisting for many many years I'm glad I got my GSA. Got it at the right time so that I can appreciate it so much more. Just wish parts where at Honda prices.

The deal to change isn't too bad, I have had the GSA before. If I do go for the GS 1250 this time it will be for the LE Exclusive spec. Love how it looks, it's also lighter. One concern I have is fuel range, coming from a GSA and possibly now an RT the standard GS is a 20 ltr fuel capacity. I would be interested if anyone can give me a tank range figure for the GS. I appreciate it's how you ride it, but under normal riding, what can I realistically expect?

The deal to change isn't too bad, I have had the GSA before. If I do go for the GS 1250 this time it will be for the LE Exclusive spec. Love how it looks, it's also lighter. One concern I have is fuel range, coming from a GSA and possibly now an RT the standard GS is a 20 ltr fuel capacity. I would be interested if anyone can give me a tank range figure for the GS. I appreciate it's how you ride it, but under normal riding, what can I realistically expect?
Early days for my bike a GS TE Exclusive but id say a good 200 miles if your riding with a sensible hat on.

GS with givi touring screen if wind protection is a factor. Best of both worlds.

Depends on what roads you're on... The GS mpg seems to drop dramatically on the motorway down to 53mpg but I can get 62mpg on A and B roads. This clearly affects tank range considerably. Just back from a 2300 mile jaunt to the Alps and Dolomites and the bike averaged 61mpg overall giving a theoretical range of some 240 miles to a tank. I went from a GSA to a GS and thought the comparative lack of range would be an issue. In reality it hasn't been at all.

Back
Top Bottom