Shock! new shock transforms NineT

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
MD Racing in Walton on Thames have transformed the feel and ride of my 2014 NineT. If there is one modification that is worth doing, this is it.
Rear: Nitron R2 shock set to 83kg
Front: fork oil changed to custom mix 65% 15W and 35% 10W; measured air gap (L70mm, R75mm) and adjusted to 65mm.

The comfort and cornering are on a different level.

Jeremy

79cbcfac031c6505b9ac45caea467ba0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy,

Very interested in your suspension changes and I'm local to Walton!

Are you prepared to tell me (PM or this thread) the cost of the works?

Cheers

Justin

Front fork adjustment and new oil £150
Rear shock purchase and fitting £768

I would have sold the bike had it not been for the new suspension. Speak to Matt at MD Racing.

MD Racing in Walton on Thames have transformed the feel and ride of my 2014 NineT. If there is one modification that is worth doing, this is it.
Rear: Nitron R2 shock set to 83kg
Front: fork oil changed to custom mix 65% 15W and 35% 10W; measured air gap (L70mm, R75mm) and adjusted to 65mm.

The comfort and cornering are on a different level.

Jeremy

I've still to buy a Nitron for mine a '15 plate; I'm glad you like your one.
Do you believe the R2 is much better than the R1?

Front fork adjustment and new oil £150
Rear shock purchase and fitting £768

I would have sold the bike had it not been for the new suspension. Speak to Matt at MD Racing.

Yep keep saying a well shocked bike is the best cash ever spent....:thumb2:thumb2

I've still to buy a Nitron for mine a '15 plate; I'm glad you like your one.
Do you believe the R2 is much better than the R1?

Matt recommended the R2 and it's cheaper at £768 vs the R1 at £978. Invest the savings in having your front forts sorted too.

Great result,
pity the standard rear is so harsh on bumpy roads,
cartridge emulators do make the front much more compliant and controlled if you dont have adjustable fronts,
i ended up with a used matris fully adjustable rear, matched to standard adjustable front,
massive benefit in ride and handling for the price of an exhaust,

Thanks Jeremy.

I have a 16 plate so non-adjustable forks. Also I'm 100kg's in my baby suit so well worth looking into.

Cheers

I'm surprised at how close the reservoir cylinder sits to the exhaust. Was the standard unit like that too?

I'm surprised at how close the reservoir cylinder sits to the exhaust. Was the standard unit like that too?

My bike has the high level Akrapovic and there is still plenty of space as per these photos.
77656db4ca32f7f5c67b0994498d7b9f.jpg
17dee99d5b5c7990e6eb47d70acbcc8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom