What size TORX bits do I need for me new 1200GS wc

rubberscrubber

Reaction score
Rather than buying a full set, I'm guessing 3 or 4 common sizes required.
I've already got a full set of hammers :D

T25 T30 T45 T50 T55 that is about it I think

T55 gear lever
T50 rear wheel
T25 many screws
T30 middle screw center panel
T45 various

T25 T30 T45 T50 T55 that is about it I think

T55 gear lever
T50 rear wheel
T25 many screws
T30 middle screw center panel
T45 various

Funny that, ive just ordered a set of socket type torx bits in both 1/2 and 3/8 drive because my existing keys are crap and soft as cheese.:eek::D

Funny that, ive just ordered a set of socket type torx bits in both 1/2 and 3/8 drive because my existing keys are crap and soft as cheese.:eek::D

Yep I find the smaller ones, T25 and T30 are better in 1/4 inch, with a 1/4 inch torque wrench, and not a lot of Nm needed on plastic and easier to overtighten with bigger wrenches.

Yep I find the smaller ones, T25 and T30 are better in 1/4 inch, with a 1/4 inch torque wrench, and not a lot of Nm needed on plastic and easier to overtighten with bigger wrenches.

Actually i nearly twisted the end off of one of mine removing the pillion peg hanger to fit that thing i bought from Germany.:D

I never mind spending on tools. Full sets. Beats having to ask what size bit is needed for a certain job so you can buy it. :D

Actually i nearly twisted the end off of one of mine removing the pillion peg hanger to fit that thing i bought from Germany.:D

Actually my footpegs where the same tight as hell, , get some good Snapon, or Stahlwille or Gedore, and you will be happier, you only need a few so full set not needed

Actually my footpegs where the same tight as hell, , get some good Snapon, or Stahlwille or Gedore, and you will be happier, you only need a few so full set not needed

Yeah bought a set of American Pro impact sockets 1/2 and a set of ten 3/8 drive for my everyday type use 20-70 i think they were.

Hi you'll need a T27. People think it's a slack T25 but it's a T27.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6 using Tapatalk

If you are to get more than 2-3 separate sockets, the cost will be almost like bying a set.

Also, I think it's a good idea to get T25 and T30 with screwdriver handle.

Hi you'll need a T27. People think it's a slack T25 but it's a T27.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6 using Tapatalk

Spot on. There are a few on the LC that are actually a T27 (depending on the model variation)

I use a 1/4 inch drive set comprising T10-T60 bits in both long and short shank. More than I need but handy to have anyway for other jobs. I also use a torque wrench in conjunction with those. That, a few cable ties, metric socket set, a few spanners and Allen key Tee-bit set cover most eventualities. If you do your own servicing, an oil filter wrench tool, coil pack remover, and one or two other bits and pieces cover most eventualities. I also have a touring pack set with the required Torx bits and a screw-driver handle plus mini ratchet wrench which all goes into it's own small little zipped bag which fits neatly under the luggage rack. Also carry a Gear Gremlins tyre puncture repair kit just in case, and one of the superbly made Rocky Creek Motopressor portable pumps. I use this in the garage when periodically topping up tyre pressures but it's also handy to chuck into the tankbag or top box when touring.

https://www.adventurebikewarehouse.com/epages/BT4672.sf/?Locale=en_GB&ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4672/Products/RCD001&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&gclid=CjwKCAjw98rpBRAuEiwALmo-yqbWHTgWCwa_Wa8-GkhmpwdnE8thZP9bl0IZhkB65oxcmd47R_ZmFRoCRO0QAvD_BwE

Back
Top Bottom