GS Rallye Seat versus Standard Seat

craigholt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone been on a decent length trip on both?

I have both options, but have used the one piece seat to cover to total 5,000 miles I've had it. My arse was a bit tender after my last European trip to be fair.

Off touring soon and wanted to know if any owners have tried both and if the standard seat (two piece) was found to be more comfy, less so, or a bit of the same.

I know we are all different, but interested in any real life comparisons.

Have done 11,600 miles on my Rallye seat, including 2 500-miles days. I did not find it any less comfortable than the single seat on my previous GS TC.

A few days ago I got a brilliant deal on a set of Sargent seats and have just fitted them. They feel totally different (obviously) but I have not had the time on it yet to comment on long term comfort. Not away again on the bike until the end of next month so could be a while getting back to you.

Thanks both.

I imagined the standard seat wouldn't excel in terms of any more comfort, but if the opinion was much comfier I'd give it a go. Being half way into a 3,000 mile trip and deciding I should have left the Rallye seat on is what I am trying to avoid.

I agree with the movement aspect too and don't have a pillion.

Thanks both.

I imagined the standard seat wouldn't excel in terms of any more comfort, but if the opinion was much comfier I'd give it a go. Being half way into a 3,000 mile trip and deciding I should have left the Rallye seat on is what I am trying to avoid.

I agree with the movement aspect too and don't have a pillion.

Hi Craig

Apologies about to jack you’re thread, the 1200 Rallye TE is my fourth GS GSA bike, the best one yet, but after 10,000 miles on the standard seat I’m starting to find long days on the standard GS seat a bit of a pain in the arse and was thinking of trying the Rallye one piece seat, how do you rate the two?

Had sergeant on the TC brilliant on the LC too wide at the front for me. Also now considering the Wunderlich or the Touratech, but every arse has a different opinion.

But if you have found the one piece to work on your last tour stick with it IMO

Cheers

Griff

Griff, the Rallye is the first bike I have not used standard, but the one piece from day one.

All other GS with standard and found it ok, but any distance is a killer. Never enough though to convert me to a Sergent or suchlike, but do fancy trying one at some stage.

The one piece is great in my opinion, able to slide around quite a bit, which works on the right roads, but motorway slogs aren't too good.

Just done 1300 miles in 5 days on a Rallye seat......arse ache kicks in around 230 miles.... ten minute break sorts it....

Just done 1300 miles in 5 days on a Rallye seat......arse ache kicks in around 230 miles.... ten minute break sorts it....

Yes, I have done a long trip before with the Rallye seat and agree, fuel stops is enough of a break, but just wondered about the stock in comparison.

I found the stock tilts me forward too far..... prefer the Rallye seat.

Yes, I have done a long trip before with the Rallye seat and agree, fuel stops is enough of a break, but just wondered about the stock in comparison.

The stock for me has been great for 300 mile days, enough for me not to change the seat in 18 months, yet on all my others I have switched to sergeant or the BM comfort seat. It’s only now it’s beginning to be an arse ache thinking it might be breaking in a bit too well. Should say all my seats have been low seats.

It's looking like we each have to try both seats...

The problem is, pain tends to kick in 2-300 miles plus, so you can't gauge it tootling around. So do I take the 'risk' and pop the standard on?

Probably not this trip.

Rallye seat is clearly narrower, however there are two versions, I have the ‘standard’ version and it is at least a centimetre higher than the normal seat. I have cut it down and reshaped it and it is much better and more supportive, I copied the ‘low’ version. I only use this for shortish journeys as I find the ‘comfort’ seat better for the long haul, Rallye seat does look better in my opinion and once cut down as it is narrower I can get both feet flat on the floor, feels better when on rough roads/light trials. Have both and swap around, that’s what I do

Thanks for both post CF.

I am going to be honest and don't know if I've got the standard or low Rallye seat - it's too confusing :D

It is perfect from a foot on floor point of view.

BUT - I have managed 5k plus miles and not removed it.

Last long trip is was a bit sore at points, which was the reason I posted, with another long trip ahead.

I have really seat, low seat, and standard seat, but the rally is always my ‘go to’ seat every time. Fuel stops, brew breaks, and the occasional stand on the pegs or leg stretch is fine.

I had Sargent seats before.
Now use Rallye Low one piece.
Both equally comfortable for 300mile days, but I do not ride motorways. I like the Rallye seat narrowness and extra space to move around.

Back
Top Bottom