Cardo Scala Rider Helmet Comms

Creags

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seeing all the recent discussions on here regarding the Scala Rider Helmet Comms.

Hi all. I am a UK Cardo Scala Rider Dealer with UK registered stock.

Cardo Scala Rider are the ultimate in helmet comms
New for 2019 from the world leader in motorcycle communicators, Connecting riders since 2004

In stock (all 2019 stock):
Freecom 1+ Solo £116.99 (RRP £129.99)
Freecom 1+ Duo £216.99 (RRP £240.99)
Freecom 2+ Solo £143.99 (RRP £159.99)
Freecom 2+ Duo £269.99 (RRP £299.99)
Freecom 4+ with JBL sound Solo £211.99 (RRP £234.99)
Freecom 4+ with JBL sound Duo £377.99 (RRP £419.99)
Freecom Audio Kit (for your spare helmet) £70.99 (RRP £77.98)

Available to order:
PackTalk Bold with JBL sound Solo £283.99 (RRP £314.99)
PackTalk Bold with JBL sound Duo £503.99 (RRP £559.99)
PackTalk Slim with JBL sound Solo £283.99 (RRP £314.99)
PackTalk Slim with JBL sound Duo £503.99 (RRP £559.99)

Prices exclusive to UKGSer Members.

Or you can buy through my eBay page here

Any questions or orders drop me a message.

Regards, Creags. :thumb2

Seeing all the recent discussions on here regarding the Scala Rider Helmet Comms.

New for 2019 from the world leader in motorcycle communicators, Connecting riders since 2004

Available to order:

Nice to see someone following this and giving +ve comments.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Can both rider and pillion hear music played through Nav 5 and gps instructions and talk to each other without pressing any buttons with the packtalk bold?

Plus we both have 3 helmets we use on a regular basis, could be expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can both rider and pillion hear music played through Nav 5 and gps instructions and talk to each other without pressing any buttons with the packtalk bold?

Plus we both have 3 helmets we use on a regular basis, could be expensive

Good morning, unfortunately there is not a comms unit on the market that will do what you are wanting (yet).

The best compromise I can suggest is your pillion would need to pair their phone to their unit to listen to their own music, but then if you both turn on Parallel Audio Streaming then you will both be able to have an intercom call between you whilst listening to your own music separately (with you listening to your music from your phone through the Nav).

You would still need to pair your phone to the Nav and the Nav to your PackTalk.

If you are both listening to your own music and having an intercom call whilst riding, whenever a Nav instruction comes in (as long as you have the Nav set up to interrupt an intercom call in the priority settings) then the music will cut out and the Nav will give you the instruction then the music will cut back in as before. But only the rider will hear the Nav instructions.

Also, there is an audio kit available for your spare helmet/s so you just need to swap the PackTalk unit from helmet to helmet in seconds, not the whole kit.

If you want, PM me and we can chat about it.

Regards.

Peter.

Good morning, unfortunately there is not a comms unit on the market that will do what you are wanting (yet).

The best compromise I can suggest is your pillion would need to pair their phone to their unit to listen to their own music, but then if you both turn on Parallel Audio Streaming then you will both be able to have an intercom call between you whilst listening to your own music separately (with you listening to your music from your phone through the Nav).

You would still need to pair your phone to the Nav and the Nav to your PackTalk.

If you are both listening to your own music and having an intercom call whilst riding, whenever a Nav instruction comes in (as long as you have the Nav set up to interrupt an intercom call in the priority settings) then the music will cut out and the Nav will give you the instruction then the music will cut back in as before. But only the rider will hear the Nav instructions.

Also, there is an audio kit available for your spare helmet/s so you just need to swap the PackTalk unit from helmet to helmet in seconds, not the whole kit.

If you want, PM me and we can chat about it.

Regards.

Peter.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, you say there isn’t what I want yet, does that mean there may be in the near future? I still use my Autocom SPA which does exactly what we want apart from all the cables. I would prefer to wait for what I want than spend quite a bit of money and not be happy?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, you say there isn’t what I want yet, does that mean there may be in the near future? I still use my Autocom SPA which does exactly what we want apart from all the cables. I would prefer to wait for what I want than spend quite a bit of money and not be happy?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave, in the future, I expect eventually there will be a wireless system that will do all that you want, but I doubt in the near future.

As I say, the best compromise at the moment is using the PackTalk as described.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Hi Dave, in the future, I expect eventually there will be a wireless system that will do all that you want, but I doubt in the near future.

As I say, the best compromise at the moment is using the PackTalk as described.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

It gives me something to think about, but I doubt I’ll change until my Autocom packs up or they bring out what I am after.

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of our first bluetooth com set, so the Freecom 4+ duo is on the list, all we need is intercom and GPS, both the rider and pillion to hear the GPS instructions? will the 4+ do this?

cheers.

Thinking of our first bluetooth com set, so the Freecom 4+ duo is on the list, all we need is intercom and GPS, both the rider and pillion to hear the GPS instructions? will the 4+ do this?

cheers.

Hi Drago, thanks for your post. The Freecom 4+ will give you rider to pillion comms, with the option to add in up to 3 other friends who have compatible systems in to the conversation. It will pair to your nav, and depending on the nav will most likely play music through your nav. But only the rider will receive nav instructions, not the pillion.
I'm not aware of any bluetooth system on the market that will share nav instructions.
Also you have the sound by JBL and Natural Voice Activation, which are nice additions to the 4+.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

As I cannot edit the original post, I shall make a couple of amendments here.

Freecom Audio Kit (for your spare helmet) £59.99 (RRP £64.98)
JBL 45mm Speaker kit £80.99 (RRP £89.99)

Available to order:

Regards, Peter. :thumb2

Cool!

What do you recommend to go with my new 1250GS with TFT Connectivity. Not bothered about bike to bike/pillion. Just want the best quality sound and connection for iPhone X & Tom Tom Rider & the TFT.

Cool!

What do you recommend to go with my new 1250GS with TFT Connectivity. Not bothered about bike to bike/pillion. Just want the best quality sound and connection for iPhone X & Tom Tom Rider & the TFT.

If you really are wanting the best sound and connectivity then, of course, you're going to be looking at the PackTalk Bold and the extra JBL 45mm upgrade speaker kit. It really depends on how much money that quality is worth to you. Certainly the PackTalk Bold does connect with a Nav and also the TFT screen on the GS.
As long as the TomTom pairs in the same way as the Nav V and VI then you would pair your phone only to the Nav and the Nav to your helmet and play the music through the Nav from your phone.

Hope this helps.

Peter.

If you really are wanting the best sound and connectivity then, of course, you're going to be looking at the PackTalk Bold and the extra JBL 45mm upgrade speaker kit. It really depends on how much money that quality is worth to you. Certainly the PackTalk Bold does connect with a Nav and also the TFT screen on the GS.
As long as the TomTom pairs in the same way as the Nav V and VI then you would pair your phone only to the Nav and the Nav to your helmet and play the music through the Nav from your phone.

Hope this helps.

Peter.

Thanks, what's the best one to go for if i don't want to pay for the extra functions of bike to bike comms?

Thanks, what's the best one to go for if i don't want to pay for the extra functions of bike to bike comms?

Ok, in that case the Freecom 1+ would connect to the TFT screen and also to the Nav. As long as the TomTom pairs in the same way as the Nav V and VI then you would pair your phone only to the Nav and the Nav to your helmet and play the music through the Nav from your phone.

You would not have Bike to Bike comms.

And, as I said before, if you really want the music quality then you would want the JBL 45mm speaker kit, which would give you the JBL Sound Processing.

Let me know if that helps?

Regards.

Peter.

Hi, I am considering a Freecom 2 or 4 (not decided yet, more research needed!) Have you got any tips (or access to a youtube vid) that shows how to install the microphone to a modular/flip front helmet? Would it need a boom type mic like an open face?
Thanks in advance

Hi, I am considering a Freecom 2 or 4 (not decided yet, more research needed!) Have you got any tips (or access to a youtube vid) that shows how to install the microphone to a modular/flip front helmet? Would it need a boom type mic like an open face?
Thanks in advance

Its not hard, have fitted a packtalk to both a Shoei Neotec and a Schuberth C3 Pro. The boom mic is the best option, you can still use the mic if the flip is up. Its really quite easy. The only issue I had was one helmet I needed the metal clip to mount the unit, the other I had to use the stick on pads as the clip wouldn't go under the lining. The stick on pad has been fine for 4 years now.

Available to order:

Hi Peter

I'm after a bit of advice. After problems with supposed can bus interference from my 1250 GSA with TFT and a constant buzzing through my earbuds in the 3.5mm jackplug when any Bluetooth connection is made on my Sena 20S Evo I exchanged them for a 30K system. The can bus interference is gone but I have had 3 30K sets now and they all buzz in the earbuds through the 3.5mm jack plug. I am at the point now where I am going to return them for a refund. I am now looking at the Cardo systems and would like some advice as to which system will meet my requirements. I want to connect the headset to the TFT screen, Nav 6 and a passenger. I plan to manage music and phone calls through the TFT by pairing my phone to the TFT and Nav 6. With this set up, is there still a connection left (Packtalk Bold) to connect my phone to the headset should I need to make any adjustments on the road via the app? I have no plans at the moment for bike to bike comms but who knows in the future as 1 friend currently rides with a 20S. However, I do want to be able to connect my Ultimate Ear custom earplugs and speakers via a 3.5mm jack plug. Which set do you think will meet my needs?

I hope this all makes sense, if not please feel free to PM.

Many thanks

Nigel

Thanks in advance

Hi Big Si, easy one first, the Freecom 2+ and Freecom 4+ come with the hybrid mic in the box to fit into modular helmets.

As for fitting them, there are many different tips, but the biggest one is to take your time and don't stick anything until you are happy with the positioning. Don't let yourself get frustrated, if you are feeling like that then stop and have a break and a cup of tea.
I fitted my system into my BMW System 6 Evo helmet without the help of any videos, but I did take most of an evening over it with a few breaks.

May I ask what you are looking for the system to do for you, as that will decide whether the Freecom 2+ or 4+ are better suited for you.

Regards.

Peter.

Back
Top Bottom